It's a go for Greenlight

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g-whizz

I hate sorting car insurance at the best of times, all those bl**dy questions, all that repetition, all that blarney and blah, blah, blah... But when you get this sort of difference it's worth putting the data & at least a couple of calls in...

With mods of 17" alloys and 300mm brake upgrade declared, cheapest quote via 2 comparison sites was £520 ( so you know what you can do with your plus size dancing builders or Slavic Suricata) while Adrian Flux was £450 and Greenlight just under £300! By then I was losing the will to live so went with that rather than have to go through the whole teeth grinding process one more time, besides they happy to allow further mods within existing quote apparently... Better get me thunkin' cap on then :)

Hi Barry,
They radically under? Will give 'em a shout next time mate, already paid , was just glad to be shot of it as a task, car insurance is guaranteed to have me steaming from the ears. Just left Co-op insurance because I discovered that after 9 years they stop your NCB accruing!! Really hacked me off, cheek of it! :evil:

Hi Greg
They are about £240 fully comp for me with all the mods but I limit the mileage to 3000 pa. I thought all the insurance companies stopped at 9 years.
Barry

tuonokid said:
[post]360613[/post] Hi Greg
They are about £240 fully comp for me with all the mods but I limit the mileage to 3000 pa. I thought all the insurance companies stopped at 9 years.
Barry
Phew, reckon that roughly equivalent then all told, Greenlight's quote was monthly ( as also gotta sort my RVR and Dakar, bad timing!) and for 7.5k miles, so not bad :)
As to the 9 years, not sure that the case, certainly the Greenlight guy seemed surprised by it... Of course he may just have been placating/buttering me up..., 'chwarae teg' though, as my Welsh mates would say, as it worked!! :grin:

Yup, NCB stops at 9 years for 99% of insurers. I should have 25+ but still only have 9 lol.

The ones that allow you to increase that number only do it to hopefully con you into renewing for eternity just so you can say you have lots of NCB.

The exact value of NCB on a policy is minimal after a couple of years anyway as it's been tweaked. NCB protection is even worse of a scam. Insurers realised it's a way of getting business but have diluted the actual impact of both.

Weird how I still want them when I know there real value is little. I guess I take the bait like most :lol:

I remembered researching this a while ago, and finally found the link. It looks as if Aviva may offer NCB up to 15 years for what it's worth, but pretty much everyone else caps it at 9. I think at my next renewal I may remove my 'protected' NCB too :cool:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-insurance/blog/how-do-no-claims-discounts-work/

Latest posts

Back