Jamie's Black Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i was putting bigger/different wheels on mine, i would stay with Ford, or at least Ford look-e-like wheels. So ST170/Zetec-S style.

IMHO of course.

nice one jamie, lowering and alloys would look sweeet. Agree those aren't best wheels in my opinion. I like the ST170 style too, but having said that there'll be so many styles that could look good.

Use this and upload a pic of your car side on.......

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/virtual/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

may help with styles

Ah, good idea!! I'll get a decent side image tomorrow and give it a go, see if I can find some I like.

I want something that stands out, but not for the wrong reasons. Don't fancy going down the too chavvy route, just the sporty one.

Actually, just had a look at the ST170s on Draddy's suggestion, they're awesome!!

Would kind of match the brakes as well ;)

Quite sort after though, the St 170 wheels. The fiesta boys are always after them. The ones off the just replaced Fiesta Zetec-S are nice, the 16inch ones.

Watch the offset, I think both ST170 and Mk6/7 Fiesta are circa ET50, i.e. 16mm further in than recommended for Puma.

ST170 wheels is ET49.5 i think.... might have to have a look later in the day to confirm. I have longer studs and 10mm spacers infront and a 10mm axle spacer at the back (from puma speed)

Does anyone have any idea where a get a set of ST170 wheels from? DOn't need to be perfect, but the nearest ones I've seen so far are £620!

Sure I saw some for sale on the 'other place' Jamie not too long back

You tried FFOC? Errrm, maybe look at v similar style but non Ford ones, may be cheaper. Team Dynamics Monza maybe?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/17-Ford-MONZA-R-T" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 7C294%3A50

Thanks Chris, I'll have a look over on FFOC to see if I can see any for sale.

THose Team Dynamics aren't too bad, but if I'm honest I'd rather have the proper ST170 setup. The only problem I'm gonna have with these is getting some spacers and longer studs to fit them on...

I might have some Eibach 15mm hubcentrics that I want to get rid of, haven't quite made my mind up yet though. You will need new studs though as I have the extended ones in my front hubs.

Also, don't forget you will need to split the hubs to fit the new studs, so will probably need new wheel bearings at the same time.

FYI, the Eibachs are around £110. Be careful of the weight of cheaper stuff, it is all unsprung, which isn't good.

Zenithus said:
Thanks Chris, I'll have a look over on FFOC to see if I can see any for sale.

THose Team Dynamics aren't too bad, but if I'm honest I'd rather have the proper ST170 setup. The only problem I'm gonna have with these is getting some spacers and longer studs to fit them on...

No probs. Are you planning to lower it after the wheels?

Most definitely! I don't want it looking like it's on stilts.

I'll be getting some coilovers right after the wheels, though I don't know whether to go AP or Weitec yet...

Zenithus said:
Most definitely! I don't want it looking like it's on stilts.

I'll be getting some coilovers right after the wheels, though I don't know whether to go AP or Weitec yet...

good plan, heard top things about AP's. . . Jamie, you're gonna make mine look rubbish on the way to Ford Fair lol, as if the milltek wasn't enough! :p :(

Been looking around a bit more, ST170 wheels are very expensive for what they are, and could get some decent aftermarket ones anyway.

What does everyone think of these?
OZ-SUPERT-WRC.jpg

Only problem is they are VERY expensive... probably too expensive if I'm being honest with myself.

Looking at all sorts on eBay too, seen some nice TSWs, think someone on the forums has some on their car, not too bad.

Latest posts

Back