Leak from camshaft / pulley bolt

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

righty ho....traced my leak and its from the inlet cam pulley / camshaft / seal / rocker cover

im about to fit a new (2nd hand) rocker cover that hasnt got bits missing from the seal groove bits
got a new seal for camshaft too
new rocker seal
new cambelt too (my 3rd!) as they keep getting oily!!!

when i took the inlet pulley bolt off it literally fell off and was very oily....just noticed on a spare cam that this bolt effectively seals the 'exhaust'/low pressure oil from vct....and haynes states its 60nm but ford says 105!!!!!

so.....i think i'll be doing it to 105nm next time!!!

question tho; should i be using threadlock / sealant on the threads or just rely on the obscene torque???!

Ive never used thread lock on the cam pulley bolt, are you talking about the torx bolt inside the VCT pulley? That bolt is always oily. But i remember posting up a help thread about that same bolt because i couldnt get it off, so i know they are torqued up really tight from factory. 60nm for a bolt that uses only the clamp load to keep it from spinning and potentially ruining your engine doesnt sound enough!!

Latest posts

Back