Marcus' 1.4 Blue Puma - Alloys done!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus000

Purchase date: Sat 20th March 2010
Mileage: 85k
Engine: Zetec SE 1.4 16v - Sadly no Ti-VCT.
New engine dropped in at 94.5k after previous one blew one - new engine at 55k.

Future Plans / Modifications (and these are actually realistic, not pie in the sky ones)

Wheels / Tyres - Fiesta Zetec S Multispoke Alloys refinished in high gloss white and stand propeller wheels refinished in gun metal grey / gloss black for winter shoes.

Suspension
Hopefully get it on some decent coil-overs but not in any rush, besides, it's got a great setup as standard..feels like a go-kart!

Brakes
New discs / pads when needed, maybe get braided hoses at the same time.

Engine
K&N Apollo intake is going on this week, got some silicone pipes arriving in the next day or so.

Will be leaving the 1.4 lump in, really cba messing around with swapping it out for a 1.7!
Wouldn't mind a Milltek cat back but depends on price I guess.

Body
Tinted side repeaters
Spoiler - Either the F2 spoiler or the small Elise-like one that follows the curve on the tailgate.
Touch up the various stone chips and dints.
Treat rear arches.
Wouldn't mind the white rally decals but no doubt you'll all slate them! :p

ICE
Nothing planned, standard speakers are spot on and I need the boot space for work.

Quick snap of it outside work last week, started cleaning it then had to go shoot off and actually do some work! :oops:

Picture1067.jpg

I'm going to attack it with the polish this week so nice photos will follow soon!

PumaJay said:
nothing wrong with rally decals aslong as there tastefully done
I fired an e-mail over to DMB graphics to see what they can come up with! :)

Couple more photos here!

Picture1071.jpg

Picture1069.jpg

Just started measuring up the sills for some custom stainless plates, I'll get them lasered at work! :cool:

Price will be minimal because I'll do them through work (we do alot of metal fab & powder coating) so material and laser time is the only cost on them.

Been drawing them up, I've put a fold line on so it will cover the lip on the sill but you can't tell in the render. :)

PumaSill03.jpg

PumaSill02.jpg

Shall tinker with it later on tonight, maybe add some stripes or something.

Very intrested buddy

PM a idea of price and we can discuss ill have a set off you though if there reasonable

Could you do them in black?

Better pics will follow but I re-trimmed the boot lining for the hell of it, some nice blue fabric I had kicking around from when I re-trimmed the Saxo.

IMG_0056.jpg

Also fitted some LED sidelights but I think it's only a matter of time before they get removed.
I thought I'd ordered white ones but it seems they're bright blue, don't think the police will be too impressed but we'll see how it goes. :roll:

IMG_0061.jpg

I'll get the DSLR out at work tomorrow! :)

Quick photoshop effort to see how my RS2000 alloys could look in anthracite or white.

WheelShop2.jpg

WheelShop03.jpg

Leaning towards anthracite at the moment, keep white for if/when I get some multispokes.

EDIT: lol the more I look at those photos the more I see it needs the spoiler on the rear. :cry:

Looks good with both matey.

Looked good on Thursday as well as sounding good through the tunnels.

Had some time to kill today so I nipped over to an anodisers I've used before to see what they could do with the wheels, left one with them and he's going to have a play with one this week, shall find out the outcome on Friday! :D

Made a start removing the lacquer on the other 3 with Nitromors, got to love that stuff, works every time!

Before
DSC_0010.jpg

During
DSC_0009.jpg

Not far off now
DSC_0011.jpg

Will go finish them after dinner and then maybe hit them with the polishing mop at the weekend, depending what news I get back Friday.

Looking good so far. Not sure on the alloys personally. Not sure they really suit it but im yet to see them fitted up to the car. They've been made to look like 17's in the chops you made.

Cant beat nitromors though!

Hag and Marcus

Here ya go folks -> http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=6235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fury has some on his, looks ok i think

Scotty1.7 said:
Here ya go folks -> http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=6235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Those wheels are different to what marcus is fitting but are the same size (15 inch) so gives a better indication of filling the arches (although just need to look at some props/9 spokes really)

Strange thought they were rs2000 wheels?

Or are they MK6 RS2000 and these ones are mk5 rs2000 wheels?

Hehe yeah, I was a little overzealous with the rim size! :oops:

I'll post up another photoshop effort when I get back home, polished fronts with blue/purple insides! :roll:

Back