MGF freebie

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XAF said:
[post]361512[/post] Looking fab Lee - don't talk to me about windows.... turns out full Rover history only extended to the mechanicals on the Tomcat. The window didn't work as the cable has snapped - the solution? Screw it shut!! :evil:
Eh? What the... WHY?!

How much damage was done by the bodge?

So another summer beckons and it's the MG-Free's time to shine. Sadly, shining was one of the things that it was really bad at. For an idea of just how destroyed the paint work is, I'll let some gruesome photos do the explaining.

34394734670_d219c98ffc_c.jpg

34394734420_642ec75899_c.jpg

It has basically been washed with gravel at some point. It is the worst I've ever seen to be honest.

Luckily, the Project Puma family has some unbelievable people within its ranks, so a visit from top microfibre and wax enthusiast evilrob today helped to turn back the cruel torture this little soft top has endured.

Rob has a very nice (and noob-friendly) Meguiar's DA polisher and a box full of exciting potions with exotic names like Black Hole Glaze and um.... Jamaican Bum Wax... or something. So in between stopping me trying to drink some excellent smelling sealant, he taught me how to properly prepare and finish car bodywork as well as proper cloth technique!

I'll spare you the details on the (4) stages, mostly because I'm feeling the effects of downing 100ml of blackberry flavoured finishing wax, and get straight on to the pictures of shine.

33971597983_19b02a0b54_c.jpg

34394734200_ffdb9f98f3_c.jpg

34394734820_735d90bd1a_c.jpg

33971598443_1db5b7a978_c.jpg

33971598513_1a076630e7_c.jpg

In the corner, something evil(rob) lurks;

33971597903_e664ebacc2_c.jpg

34394734060_e2e8e82c47_c.jpg

It has transformed the car from a dull hazy mess into a glossy beauty all ready for top-down fun and larks.

Enormous, huge and biblical thanks for Rob for giving up many hours of his time to teach and to do this. Hopefully we'll get on to performing the same process on Pippa (seen happily loitering on the drive in the photos) soon! Genuinely looking forward to it!

Woo! Yay! :thumbs:

My right arm hasn't ached this much since I was about 13... :pinkeye:

evilrob said:
[post]362988[/post] Woo! Yay! :thumbs:

My right arm hasn't ached this much since I was about 13... :pinkeye:
Tell me about it! I've still got the shaky hands and a fecked shoulder. Worth it though! :thumbs:

Top work. :thumbs:
You should have seen the state of my RX8 when I bought it. (not sure if I posted here at the time)
An old Projectpuma member (Andy W - the perfectionist lol) came to the rescue and spent 2 days on it. Now some 5½ years later and it's being protected by all that hard work. Still only takes a quick wipedown to get it back to shiny shiny.
Wish I could do it myself without screwing it up as it's well past due a rewax :lol:

Latest posts

Back