Mondeo Brakes, but i want 15" wheels

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yip and black man have made my mind up :eek:k:

Don't want to be in a situation where I wish I'd got 300mm

Going to look into it, if it proves to tricky ill get some 16s maybe......cheers guys :)

I think you might be ok with the 12 (10?) spokes (Millenium & later Puma style) or Thunder wheels, but IIRC former member T1ny tried it on his props and the catch the inner face. I don't think this is something that can be easily improved.

I get what your saying flash but anything is possible, I could turn the puma into a boat or a plane if I really wanted too (and if I was rich lol) ill get the callipers and see, if only one person that we know of has tried its worth an attempt I suppose.......we will see lol

Just don't want you to end up stuck, as once you have drilled out the knuckles, you can't really put the old ones back on.

Is there anyone relatively local, who has the 300mm brakes for you to try before you drill your knuckles?

Also, some 15" wheels won't fit even with modification, a chap from zsoc came to try his car (with 300mm) with my RS2000 alloys, and it was no go, even with ground back calipers.

Best wheels to go for would be some of those Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 (or something like that), you can get them in 15", ET35 and there is loads of room in them, but that probably isn't the look you are after.

Good luck with it in any case!

benking said:
I've found grooved discs to be just the same really

Good idea z. Didn't think about that. I maye stretch to the 16" cozzy wheels. Maybe lol I just want the best for my money that's all. and the best brakes really

nee bother mate...
Andys got them on his and seem pretty good... an improvement from the milk bottle top discs anyways lol

FlashBastd said:
But are they noticably better than the 280mm? I doubt it.

yes.. I would say they are... Ive driven Andys car and been in it when its driven hard, and can feel a definate improvement when braking in mine

I'm going to run the 280mm and V6 calipers on my rally car, with stainless hoses. dot 5.1 racing fluid and Mintex 1144 or 1155 pads, and disc braked rear end, which I believe will be sufficent to slow me down enough not to hit the trees! If I find out they are not good enough then the next option is to put the Cozzy calipers on and not the 300mm conversion - reason being - 4 pot caliper will have be superior braking effect to a sliding caliper (pressure being exerted from both sides and not being pulled together)

Ford used the 280mm and V6 caliper on the 1400 rally cars with 150 bhp, so if it was good enough for them, its good enough for me.

Cross drilled and groved discs are supposed to give a better pedal feel and more efficent cooling because the holes remove the gases and debris created under braking and the groves clean the face of the pad which in turn will increase the wear rate of the pad.

I'm using 278mm mondeo v6 brakes (same size as fiesta st) and i have them behind the props, no issues with them fitting. I only paid £40 for mine and im using braided lines my braking is excellent... although my rear drums are letting me down at the moment as shoes need sorting out :p

Discs and pads on the 278mm ones arn't bad price either if you do get the chance to get them i'd say go for them instead.

Back