My car Double Locks/Dead Locks every time!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wez

Hi all,

I have a Puma with what I think is the early type central locking (R reg)

I only have a key with the red chip in it, I dont have a key with buttons to work the Remote locking, never got one with the car. Just a plain old key which has been working fine until tonight.

Now, if i lock it normally, it always double locks (used to only double lock if i turned key one way then other). I can live with that extra security if thats what the car wants, what i cant live with is the fact that about 30 secs after I lock it, the alarm starts sounding!!

I've unplugged the alarm horn for now, but the hazard indicators are still constantly flashing unless i leave the car unlocked.

I've tried random key turns in all locks, and even cleaned connectors on boot pins and bonnet 'plunger' switch.

Even if theres a wire i can cut that runs from the alarm ecu that triggers the indicators would be a help... anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Update, just been out and filled both locks with WD40 (even though they seemed fine) and gave them a bit of working with the key... the double lock feature is now working correctly (turn key back then lock) - tested it abot 50 times, all good, guess the 28" of snow that was on the car for a week didnt help... sadly, the indicators are still flashing constantly once its been double locked :(

still, least i can single lock it now, but any input still appreciated :)

Try locking it from the passenger door instead. I had a similar problem if I manually locked the driver's door on my old Puma. If I needed to lock the key manually I used the passenger door - no problem. It's worth a try.

PS - just seen your update. The indicators should flash twice to show it is deadlocked.

Latest posts

Back