My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you considered speaking to jamsport,
they may be able to build you up a supercharged engine if you wanted to be different

2.0 duratec is probably cheapest and easiest option for 200bhp throttle bodied engine. Been done many times so the engine is more than up for it.

Also a few people have fitted duratecs in Mk4/5 puma shells now so mounts are available and so is inside knowledge on doing it.

yup its all good, its gonna be a 12 month project anyway, im no rush to get and engine and build it, its gonna be a properly built unit as it has to be reliable but deliver good power, and i dont think 200bhp is asking alot of a new duratec engine.

i have considered the supercharged option but its pointless really, for 250bhp supercharged engine the engine would have to make 200bhp to start with, then i would take about 50bhp to run the charger to add the extra 75 - 100bhp, very parasetic, n/a is the only way forward with front wheel drive.

the main idea behind the whole car is that has be useable and not just spin all its power away, so its finding that balance between power, torque and grip

UPDATE!!!

Finally got my arse in gear and got on with putting some more bits on the car!!

First up was the 300mm brake conversion, managed to get hold of some mondeo calipers off ebay and then sourced some mintex drilled and grooved discs and EBC green stuff pads!

fitting was simple....i got tom to do it!!

heres the pics!

DSC_0042-2.jpg

DSC_0024-1.jpg

Next up was Lime green vac and washer jet hoses, again another simple job to do and one that i did!!

DSC_0038-3.jpg

then i added another stick to the ones on my bootlid....
10 points if you can guess what track it is!

DSC_0022-1.jpg

DSC_0045-2.jpg

Also got some ford racing bonnet raisers, not to everyones taste and i didnt like them at first but its kinda starting to grow on me!

DSC_0027-1.jpg

DSC_0040-2.jpg

DSC_0053-2.jpg

And last but not least i got lucy to do me a new rocker cover.... its proper funky!!

DSC_0035-1.jpg

DSC_0034-1.jpg

DSC_0031-1.jpg

And then just a few pics of the car!

DSC_0055-2.jpg

DSC_0061-2.jpg

DSC_0066-2.jpg

Pumajay these newer rotrex centrifugal supercharges which jamsport supply and what im fitting to mine are like 97%-99% effiecent as they run off your aux drive belt so if you started with 200bhp with the right supercharger with no intercooler you could get 300bhp and with a intercooler easily 380bhp no probelms! the probelm isn't the power its building a engine & gearbox to cope! If you want any help i would email bas@rotrex as he is the king when it comes to these things!

awesome, i might look into the supercharger route again then... it was the idea i wanted to go with in the first place

Im looking to get 200-220bhp mark, as i reckon anymore than that will ultimately wreck the handling of the puma.
I can't wait to get the rest of my parts to complete my supercharger conversion.
DSC00660.jpg

Im looking to get 200-220bhp mark, as i reckon anymore than that will ultimately wreck the handling of the puma.
I can't wait to get the rest of my parts to complete my supercharger conversion.
DSC00660.jpg

damn im jealous of that!

I also know what you mean about them bonnet raiser.. I have grown to like them

Nice front splitter PumaJay.

Have you still got those really ace fancy lights on the back? :D

PumaJay - Did you buy BlueAngel's Puma ?

I recognise that reg.

nope, bought this puma off a woman in chesterfield, and thats my private plate

i havent got the rear lights on as i only had one on to start with which just just a test light,

i was supposed to have them on today but there still not ready, been struggling with getting the LED's from them, but im sure rick will sort them for me soon enough

Latest posts

Back