My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would love to do that! but at the moment im thinking of just getting a rear strut brace as money if SOOOO tight.

on my break I went to go look at fast ford dude and saw your beasty puma in there! well played!

warrenpenalver said:
Stripping wieght is free too!!! Planning on a roll cage?? if you do the challenge is to cut as much metal out the shell so its a wieght neutral mod when you fit it!!

yeh a cage is an option at some point, will be a custom built one if it is, got a mate who is a dab hand at that sort of thing, gonna be having a chunky rear strut brace welding in so i can wrap some harness's round it.

just need to find a way of making it even lighter at the minute, roof lining i think will be next to go, but then its gonna be carbon body panels, bonnet, boot, roof skin

nice one dude! like your thinking!

i was going to ask you about harnesses and rear strut braces. are yours attached to it or just attached in the back of the car? and is it possible to attach them too it?

plus how do you go about attaching the rear strut brace AND lol... where you get yours from and what kinda price as I have found an OMP one at £50.

sorry to bug you with all that!

omp one from yb racing, or just put it in ebay, i paid £35 for my rear one, harnesses are bolted to the back where the rear seat belt unit mounts.

Gonne be getting a chunky rear strut brace welded in and some TRS 3" harnesses

Also some development on the engine front, been offerd a Power Engineering built 2.0 turbo zetec making 300bhp with 5 speed box with quaife diff all for £1800

will just need to get an ECU to run it all!

i am very very tempted by it!!

oh and on a smaller note ive ditched my induction kit and just re fitted my standard with box with JR Racing panel filter, just now waiting on jacko to make me and air scoop for the front bumper

Awesome cheers mate! i will be getting that rear strut soon hopefully!

and that engine mod sounds mint!

also found out the £1800 includes an omex 600 ecu with launch control feature on it!!

really really tempted now!

What this space

I see the pictures of the rear bumper were before you got a bit more graffiti on it. had a few extra additions on it when I saw it at the ashby folville show :) :)

3902191382_d1d888db80_b_d.jpg

haha cool pic, the bumpers all faded now, its been sat out in the garden since i took it off, deffo gonna re do it next year tho, get even more creative with it!

do you have 4 point or 3 point harnesses Jay?

and where abouts you get them from as I have been looking all over and ebay is still looking to be my cheapest and best bet. I am worrie if I have 4 point harnesess I am not going to have enough places to bolt them in.

could really do with a picture of your mountings or inside your car if you have time mate

i have 3 points, will be selling them for 3 inch wide 4 points soon tho, gonna be wrapping them round a big chunky strut brace, i'l try and sort a pic out for you!

thanks dude !

I would love to wrap them round the rear brace but I dont want to weld one in tbh and the one you screw in wont be strong enough so i think i will just have to screw them into the car somewhere.

do you reckon it could go over the strut brace and then down to screw or would that be unsafe on a strut brace like that ?

look forward to seeing your photos mate!

nice one dude thanks!

have you left your seat belt clip in attached to your seats near the handbrake?

yeh i know, its a proper built bullet proof engine aswell, never went wrong or had any problems with it in the focus it ran in

where you get your seat belt harnesses from dude ?I have been looking everywhere and i cant find any decent ones for a decent price

Back