My Puma must be feeling a breeze...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longyear

My Puma must be feeling a breeze, because it's telling me a door is open, but it's not!

Ok, so a cryptic description of the problem but today, my Puma has developed a fault in that I have the 'door open' warning icon on the dashboard, but all doors, tailgate and bonnet are securely shut.

I think the problem is from the tailgate... (both passenger doors are correctly activating the courtesy light, so seem ok).

I slammed my tailgate earlier in the day and somehow the whole parcel shelf had come out of it's mounts and got caught in the slam! ... don't know if this is related. The sensors seem ok in the tailgate and the mechanism is correctly operating the boot light.

The only other thing is that I was tinkering under the bonnet earlier - is there a plug, cable or socket of any type under the bonnet that controls the door sensors, that I may have snagged?

Any tips, ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
LY

The bonnet switch for the alarm also activates the "door open" light. Mine was missing and the light was on permentantly. I replaced it and it went out :grin: It's located at the front in the center of the slam panel.

Also, look at the boot catch. Connected to the side of it is a white electrical connector. Check this is pushed in/secure.
The mechanism for the boot light is further along to the right and is not related to the 'door open'/locking circuit(s).

a fix for your parcel shelf guide here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=183&hilit=parcel+shelf+fix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alternatively I have wrapped the end grommets with alot of cling film, pushed back in with much force and hasnt fell out since :)

Zara said:
a fix for your parcel shelf guide here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=183&hilit=parcel+shelf+fix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alternatively I have wrapped the end grommets with alot of cling film, pushed back in with much force and hasnt fell out since :)

Thanks Zara, but the shelf wasn't broken this time (was knackered when I bought the car, and I done that very same fix!) .... the parcel shelf had just not been secured properly by a certain foolish person who'd removed it to put Golf clubs in.. :oops:

So Pipcars was spot on; on inspecting the bonnet close button this morning there was one snapped rod inside the rubber housing. :grin: Have temporarily kept the broken switch down with a screw for now (light gone off dash, yea!), and ordered a new one..

Thanks again; another gremlin kept at bay!

LY.

Glad to have helped :wink: Just going on experiences I'm having with my little rocket! :grin:

Latest posts

Back