NEED BETTER MPG IN MY 1.7 HELP!!!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cusworth12

Any suggestions on how I can get better mpg on puma? I mean something to change on engine like a fuel pump/filter or something cos it's bab at min. Tires are pumped up properly and try not to Cain it alot. Can't think of owt else HELP!!!!!
Cusworth

Make sure the fuel filter under the car is ok and has been changed recently? Your O2 / Hego / lambda sensor might be faulty?

The old saying comes to mind too "The accelerator uses fuel, the brake wastes it" Anticipation is the key :eek:k:

Planetslick said:
super unleaded also makes a huge differance

I didnt notice any difference when i used super and standard unleaded, dont you have to have your ECU mapped for it to have any effect?

No not at all for me in my completley standard 2000 1.7 Puma the differance is nearly 10mpg between sainsburys standard and sainsburys super unleaded

No engine mods what so ever n I'm gettin about 25mpg if I'm lucky. Just going to work and back. 10 min journey each way. I don't want to sell her but might have to at this rate.

ease up on your right foot,and 10 min journey's doesnt help at all as that is the time it takes to get the engine to normal working temp,get a bike if it is that bad :eek:k:

You should be getting more than 25mpg even around town on short journeys. I'd be checking the O2 / Hego / lambda sensor as I've already said.

I was doing 8 mile trips to work (10 mins) and still getting 40mpg.

Planetslick said:
super unleaded also makes a huge differance

I agree. I used super unleaded for the first time ever last Thursday. I put in £12 and the extra performance is really noticeable. Makes it more responsive and I've never got 6 days out of 9litres of petrol and I've not been driving it slowly either :)

Well need to do something filled up wi £20 of Shell V power and got 90 miles. And that was sensible driving 2krpm and changing up. I'm thinking of gettin a bike for summer anyway but need car sorting aswell. I'll look into it :)
Thanks fellas

Back