Need help with Petrol Gauge

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greek_Espartano

Hi, the petrol gauge is unstable.

When filling up until full tank the gauge is in 3/4 and then it fluctuates down very smooth when running. Weird.

What would you recommend me to review?

It comes up the code DTC 5967

Thanks

You may have the wrong sender in the fuel tank, there are 3 different versions, which if the incorrect one is fitted can give strange readings. When I had the Thunder the gauge wouldn't go below 3/4 tank, luckily the previous owner had given me the original unit, I just swapped the pump to the original sender and everything worked correctly.

You may have the wrong sender in the fuel tank, there are 3 different versions, which if the incorrect one is fitted can give strange readings. When I had the Thunder the gauge wouldn't go below 3/4 tank, luckily the previous owner had given me the original unit, I just swapped the pump to the original sender and everything worked correctly.
Ups! Thanks John. Would you be so kind to give me the proper sender OEM reference for each model? FRP in my case. 🤜🏼🤛🏼

Latest posts

Back