New (Cheap) car ?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
Whilst my puma is off the road, I'm trying to find a car to buy..... any suggestions?
(and don't say an opel Kadett, old Merc.. etc...)

Seriously though, you can't go wrong with an old Fiesta. One of the most dependable cars you can own.

I suppose it would depend on what you plan to spend. You can get a reasonable fiesta for less than £500 and you may get 2 years out of it.

Auto trader online is easy to use and you can sign up and the search options are better, as you can search for cars within certain areas.

There's always ebay, but you have bought it unseen then.

Good luck

Dal said:
I'm trying to find a car to buy..... any suggestions?
(and don't say an opel Kadett, old Merc.. etc...)

1992-95 Nissan Sunny (fuel injected model, not the GTIR!)
Quite possibly the best mode of transport I've owned so far, cost me almost nothing over 6 months. Cost almost nothing to buy too.
Sunny.jpg

Also 95-00 Nissan Almera same as above but it handles a lot better. You can't break them.

I'm only planning on spending about £500 as it'll hopefully just be a short term car.
*hopes that phrase doesn't come back to haunt me*

Plenty of cars on autotrader online - just a case of trying to find a local one and going and having a look.

Then again - if I can find a really old Opel Kadett....... ;)

From auto trader, not a Kadett tho

1997 OPEL MANTA, 1997, E reg.
Price:
£695

Features: 29,000 miles Black Petrol 1997 Full Description: Glossary of Terms

Full years Mot, 29000 miles, alloy wheels, all original condition, a true classic. £695. ono.

Trade Seller:
William Bryson

Contact number: 0141 7767660 or 07752 948388

Distance: 202 miles from S35

My dad had one of them! Glasgow is a bit far to go though... :lol:

Found an S reg 1.8 65K miles mondeo with years MOT for £400. Too cheap to be good?

That's what I was thinking. Probably be sold by the time I get home and can ring :(

You've got a week to find one remember, don't worry. You've got the use of mine all this week as I'm sat on my arse doing pretty much bugger all.

Latest posts

Back