New RS

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supersonic

'Dribbles'

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/12/is-t" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... urope-yes/

Can't wait to have a closer look at this, really want one but it's still the best part of 25k, plus it's only front wheel drive and in competition with the Impreza and Evo.

Going to be one to watch!.

Says the woman with purple paw prints on her car......

:p

Have you ever seen another car (other than at the 10th anniversary Puma meet) with paw prints? Is it chavvy?

zipped.gif

Doesnt matter, it will sell out anyway, so many fast ford fans. To be faster than an ST its got to be seriously quick. I like it myself.

I don't doubt it is a great car underneath (Kev has been offered a test drive so hopefully...) but I cannot understand why they want to appeal to the chav market cosmetically when that is surely what the ST is for???

What is chav about it exactly? I think I'm missing something.

:s

It looks like a normal Focus with bits from a RenaultSport Clio Photoshopped on. Which is what it probably is :p

I don't quite know what they've done but it looks narrow gutted and distinctly un-muscular...

I'm sure it's fine, the next best thing...for about 6 months before something else comes along to better it (this is why I don't bother watching Top Gear and why new cars don't interest me much these days. Almost everything is disposable and flash-in-the-pan and has no lasting effect on me.)

Not a fan, but then I never have been really of the fast focus' to me just an excuse for a family man to have a bit more umph.

Ford have now officially released proper real world car pictures of the new Focus RS:

2FordFocusRS2009FirstPhoto.jpg

4FordFocusRS2009FirstPhoto.jpg

3FordFocusRS2009FirstPhoto.jpg

5FordFocusRS2009FirstPhoto.jpg

More info here and technical info:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Searc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -pictures/

Apparently it's 300PS (296bhp) and has a quaiffe diff. Also has some fancy new suspension geometry gismo to try and stop the torque steer you'll get from trying to put that much power through 2 front wheels.

Its going to be amazing, simple as. The ST is a good car, there is a muge waiting list for them still, and this thing looks even better.

red said:
That's quite nice though ;) The seats look cool!

Hmmm they look rather to 'broad' to offer a great deal of lateral support for cornering. But should be just fine for the regional manager to get in and out of clutching a Burger King drive through.

The fog lights look quite doo-able if smoothed into the Puma front bumper though :cool:

They ruin it with a cheap plastic ariel on the roof though, its the same one thats been on everything from the ka to the ranger for the past decade.

I do agree with Colin in that the seats look too wide, may be perspective though but it's just gorgeous! Love it.

Vix, what do you mean it's too chavvy? This coming from someone who likes Evos and Imprezas? :p

Don't go down the "too chavy" route mate : She'll get aggressive....

:p

Back