Newbie 1.7 owner!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3dcandy

Just got myself an S Reg 1.7. List of fixes needed include clutch (slipping), no sidelights or dash lights (stalk?) and a bit of rust on nearside rear wheel arch. Other than that, cost me £290 and goes really well....

hiya all - great to join the forum!

Cheers guys - well impressed with the things on this site to help me along, will try and contribute as I go along!

Right, few things sorted - got stalk off and there's a replacement on fleabay for £20 ish quid, so might get that and see what happens. Other bits sorted include stereo works now but is dire (buttons make it go off when pressed?), key fob (infra-red) programmed to car, spare key programmed into car...

Just stalks and clutch and off to MOT time :p

Make sure yoiu get the right stalks for your car,their are earlier and later versions which arent compatible and will blow fuses

Yup cheers, took stalks off to check I get right ones, part numbers and description match
:?

Damn...need the clutch doing now and being quoted loads..£200 labour and like £140 for a clutch kit, anybody point me somewhere cheaper?

Cheers - I'm not scrimping just want a decent job. If that's the going rate then I'm in...cheers!

What makes of clutch are decent then? I'm out the loop these days....

Oh dear - new stalks arrived and fitted and nowt. So what can be wrong with dash lights and rear lights and sidelights

Valeo or OEM clutch is generally recommended.

Lights are best tackled at the simplest of things first. Check the fuses, check for continuity between the earth at the bulb and battery, then fusebox etc.

Yup I'm on the case...just wondered. I'll get there in the end!

Come back from work and has an MOT with no advisories. Well chuffed! £590 well spent it goes like stink!

Right, insured,taxed...washed and cleaned....out to the Ponderosa Sunday to meet up with a Boxster!

:p

Back