o2 sensor?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w207

Hi everyone,
I keep getting an "o2 sensor slow to react" readout from my engine management system? Can someone explain this please and where is the o2 sensor? Can it be cleaned or is it a replacement? I get a slight stutter when driving but sometimes no stutter at all and then the light comes on and always comes up with the same fault. It doesn't seem to affect the running for most of the time but I feel the slight stutter when running normal driving 25-50mph but not all of the time. :?

You can clean them using carb cleaner but it won't last long.
You'll find it/them in the middle of your exhaust manifold and by the cat on your exhaust, they look like a big spark plug and you'll need the proper socket to remove it/them without breakage.
If you're buying new DON'T buy the "universal 4 wire" ones off ebay, it'll only last a few weeks before it goes too.

hotrodspike said:
you'll need the proper socket to remove it/them without breakage.
But, if like mine, it was in so damn tight, a special socket just opens up when you try and turn it and just spins round.
I had to chop the wires on my old one so I could put a normal deep socket over it and undid it with a long wheel bar.

Thanks everyone i'll have a look, sounds like it could go very smoothly or turn really ugly :p :evil:

Any chance of a MODERATOR changing the spelling of the thread title?

Every time I see it I think that there are official snoopers on the O2 phone network.

Back