On the hunt!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chris3boro said:
Yeh, like double! :? 1.6 is fine tbh, better than fine! 1.7 may be an upgrade in future ;) but I just wanna find a great puma to look after! If anyone knows someone fancying my car.... :lol:

faintthud.gif

Tbh, no pumas are that fast in a straight line (but still can embarress lots of newer designs), it's the corners that they excel compared to other cars, so a 1.6 won't be that much difference.

Dal said:
chris3boro said:
Yeh, like double! :? 1.6 is fine tbh, better than fine! 1.7 may be an upgrade in future ;) but I just wanna find a great puma to look after! If anyone knows someone fancying my car.... :lol:

faintthud.gif

Tbh, no pumas are that fast in a straight line (but still can embarress lots of newer designs), it's the corners that they excel compared to other cars, so a 1.6 won't be that much difference.

yeh totally agree, but it'll be nice having the extra grunt too mind.

Wish me luck with the one I'm viewing tomorrow guys! I'm excited :D

Good luck :eek:k:

Remember to look / drive with your head as well as your heart though.

Good luck mate, let us know how it goes :cool:

Hope you've had a good read of the FAQs and other information, should give you a good heads up and remember that most small niggles can be ironed out with relative ease.

The Ibiza looks in good condition with a nice spec, I wouldn't have thought you'd have to much trouble shifting it.

I'm sure you can't wait to get hold of the 'one' and start getting it up to your standards!

I BOUGHT IT! :D

Just got back from a 1.5 hour drive (dad was driving it as I'm not getting insured on it until a week 2moro when I turn 19)

The car itself is a Silver 1.6 2001 'X' with 51,000 miles, air con, heated screens, abs, traction, cd player etc etc.
There's a tiny bit of rust on rear arch which is barely noticeable but something I'd probably address in nearish future, also needs 2 new tyres.
So, I have to wait until 23rd July to drive it, which gives me time to detail it numerous times haha. :D

Congratulations - enjoy it!

Get some pictures up once it's all detailed!

yay! Well done and congrats on your new car!

Glad to see you got the best colour as well :eek:k:

thanks, Im detailing it atm. First question, claying metallic silver-absolutely harmless or gonna take off the metallic? thanks

There is a layer of clear lacquer over the paint on all puma colours except red and yellow, so you'll not even get to the paint.

Claying is a good idea to get rid of all the tar, sap, bird crud etc to leave a mirror free finish, ready for polishing and waxing :D

Congratulations mate, look forward to seeing it!

Hope you got a fair deal etc, rust can be sorted reasonably hassle free.

Bit of a trek for the next meet though I reckon!

Yeh I'm happy with the deal, it's not perfect but what 7 year old car is to be fair. Anyway, gave her the first wash and wax earlier :) Comments welcome!

Puma008.jpg

Puma003.jpg

Puma009.jpg

Needless to say, my Birthday on 23rd July cannot come quickly enough! Also, someones viewing my Ibiza tonight so fingers crossed for that!

OOO! Looks very nice! Got a good shine on the paintwork. Did you clay it in the end?

Even got the Richbrook aluminium handbrake cover.

Dal said:
OOO! Looks very nice! Got a good shine on the paintwork. Did you clay it in the end?

Even got the Richbrook aluminium handbrake cover.

Didnt clay it no, just wax. Got a week to wait til I can drive it, so time to clay her numerous times haha. Yeh that was on it already so its staying! ;)

Not the richbrook one, i thought it was the standard optional plastic handbrake cover.. I had one on my first Puma, I thought they looked pretty good!

The car looks fab, very clean and tidy from the photo's!

Hope the viewing on the Ibiza went well!

Ibiza's sold! (Providing young lad can sort insurance tomorrow morning) Put a £200 deposit on it though. So, bought the puma and sold the Ibiza in same day. Result!

Puma could do with rear drivers side quarter panel spraying and have that little bit of rust sorting, but having said that, if you weren't inspecting the rear arch you wouldn't notice it. Like I've said, i'm a perfectionist! :( :)

One hell of a good day for you then! You won't be able to sleep!

lol

Dal said:
One hell of a good day for you then! You won't be able to sleep!

lol

I know! What's cheapest way of getting a 2nd key for the puma? Came with the main RCL one but need another really, ideally with RCL buttons too not just the key. How much can I expect to pay for Ford to sort it? thanks

Latest posts

Back