On the hunt!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a genuine ford handbrake cover, ive got one on mine, i paid £30 or something for mine from pumabuild.

Looking good anyway :eek:k:

Ford will charge you about £80 I reckon..
...You can do it cheaper but I seem to recall you needing 2 keys to program the third to start the car

i see you got the best colour (aside from yellow)

Looks tidy in the pics,

If you're not bothered about a key that will start the car, but will unlock it etc you can get a horseshoe blade (the bit which the remote section slots in to) cut at a ford dealer for under a fiver.
that way if your key snaps you just swap the housing over to your new key.

You can also buy the remote bit from ebay for about a tenner but i dont know whether or not if that can be programmed to do the remote locking thing.

When i enquired at ford about the other key prices they qouted £85 for a standard non-remote key (with chip built in for starting the car)
The remote locking key cutting with chip was gonna be £155

Puman Being said:
If you're not bothered about a key that will start the car, but will unlock it etc you can get a horseshoe blade (the bit which the remote section slots in to) cut at a ford dealer for under a fiver.
that way if your key snaps you just swap the housing over to your new key.

Also handy if you lock your keys in the car :oops:

Puman Being said:
You can also buy the remote bit from ebay for about a tenner but i dont know whether or not if that can be programmed to do the remote locking thing.

You'll need 2 keys that work in the car to start with to programme another. Or else it's a £££ trip to Ford.

I have one key with the 3 buttons, so If I want another one exactly the same, I'm looking at £80 then? Just cleaning the engine bay at the moment, will get a pic up later :) Also tried that diagnostic test, was good fun-like how the needles flick up and down again, very cool ;)

These wipers the best size?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-KA-sport-KA-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 0253703571

19" ones are the right size for the job :eek:k:

I know people that have had those flat ones on a puma and didn't like them as they jump all over the screen wiping at speed. Others think their fab. Just to let you know ;)

thanks for comments :)

Current wipers are 19 drivers side, 18 passengers, so should I go for 2 19s or an 18 and 19 as it is do you think?

Std size is 19" on both. I've wondered about putting a bigger one on drivers and smaller one on passenger so that annoying "drip" you get at the top of the intersection isn't in the line of sight. (If you know what I mean.)

Dal said:
Std size is 19" on both. I've wondered about putting a bigger one on drivers and smaller one on passenger so that annoying "drip" you get at the top of the intersection isn't in the line of sight. (If you know what I mean.)

I don't lol but only cos Ive not driven it yet! I think ill get the 18 and 19 in that link I sent.

windscreen-zoneA.jpg

See the top most edge of the drivers wipe.. then where it touches the top most passenger wipe, the "V" part. You tend to get a dribble down from that point which can be in your vision.. making you have to wipe again. Get a bigger drivers and smaller passenger wiper and that "V" point moves over towards the passenger side a bit, and so not in your field of vision so much.

Ah ok, yeh I'll go for 18 and 19 aeros. :) Was lookin for a nice puma keyring, found one on pumabuild but its £15!

http://www.pumabuild.co.uk/catalog/prod" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 61af5345c9

Do ProjectPuma do merchandise at all?

chris3boro said:
Ah ok, yeh I'll go for 18 and 19 aeros. :) Was lookin for a nice puma keyring, found one on pumabuild but its £15!

http://www.pumabuild.co.uk/catalog/prod" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 61af5345c9

They are nice though - Cherie has one.

chris3boro said:
Do ProjectPuma do merchandise at all?

Oh yes... Polo shirts / URL stickers and show plates at the mo.

Looky in the "For Sale" section here:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewforum.php?f=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The first 3 "sticky" topics at the top.

Or just PM either myself, Red or Cherie and we can sort them out for you.

thanks Dal

Ibiza's just been picked up! I'm glad i sold it but it was my first car so won't be forgotten, sounded lovely as he drove off too.

Always be a soft spot for your 1st car :wub:

Unless it's like mine: a grotty horrible snot green metro shed.

Latest posts

Back