PC process running

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumadaddy

Not sure whether anyone will know the answer but here goes.

Sometimes when I am sitting staring at the PC screen I notice that the whole PC slows down a bit for no apparent reason.

If I control, alt, delete and bring the task manager up then go into the process tab, I then scroll down to see what is working.

Often there is something running that seems to occupy the processor using quite a big percentage of process power. Today I clicked on it and it was using over 80%.

Ending the process makes the PC work back at it's normal speed again.

The process is called Findfast exe.

It isn't something I have put there or switched on on purpose, it just seems to have appeared there.

1. Does anyone know what it is?

2. If I need it?

3. If I can uninstall it?

I run AVG 7.1 all the time and run Lavasoft adaware about once a week.

Thanks for your help

File Indexing by the sounds of it.

It should only run when you are not utilising the computer for you applications as it should be a background process.

You don't need it however File Indexing does speed things up somewhat if you ever need to search for a file across you system.

You should be able to stop it running by going to your control panel and opening 'Find Fast' (if it's still in this place).

Actually just had a look.. might be worth reading this...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/158705" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back