please help (strange accelaration)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeFRP

hi. just wondering if you could help

when driving my frp if i put my foot on the clutch to change gear the revs shoot up about 1000rpm. it does it in every gear and more so when the engine is cold. Also when i accelerate hard then let off it seems to react slow to me letting off and keeps accelarating for a split second and then reacts as if i let off the throttle.

Does anyone know what is going on

thanks in advance for any help

Mike

I wouldn't mind betting it's the same cause as described in this thread.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=849" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Throttle position sensor or MAF.

:eek:k:

but would that be the cause when i put my foot on the clutch? its really annoying and makes me look like an idiot and chav as the revs when i come to a stand still at the lights or summat <_<

Throttle control valve could do that as well as the MAF.

cheers mate, il try and take a look 2moro. wish der wasnt so many niggly folts with pumas ;p lol

Gotta remember their 6-11 year old cars now - hardly new.

yeah true, but shes new too me, lol. il get it sorted, hopefully today if i have time. :pose2:

Shame you're so far away - I've a spare Idle control Valve in the shed.

rite, ive cleaned the idle control valve, and the sensor in the induction kit with carb cleaner and it still does it

what other sensors could i try? the throttle control? How do i clean that, i really hope it is just that and nothing serious, its really p**ing me off now and costing me money as the extra revs is eating my petrol

my car stopped doing it for a week and has just done it coming home :'(

My mechanic is looking at it on monday morning and will plug it in to his diognostic software to see what it is.

fingers crossed its not expensive or serious :shock:

cheers buddy, he says like people of forums have said, the hego ot throttle position sensor. One is 35 quid the other a 110. Knowing my luck it the latter :pinkeye:

Back