Power steering pump leak

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thccs

Hi All,
I have a power steering leak and it seems to be coming from the pump, can they be fixed or should I just replace it? Also will it fail the MOT because of the leak?
I’ve tried the search function and not found much but that could just be me.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Regards,
Tim.

Update.
Thought I’d give a bit more background, bought my first Puma 1.7 back in January, great to drive but it’s had a few problems that I’ve been working through and the info on this site has been a great help, and also Steve at Performance Puma when I couldn’t get things apart to change the cam belt.
So back to the power steering pump, I pulled one out of a breakers today but it came of a Fiesta (1.6 I think) so the mounting bracket is slightly different, can I fit that bracket to the 1.7 engine? And if not it looks like I’ll need to remove the pulley to get it off the current bracket and the same with the one that’s currently on the car does anyone have any advice on how to remove the pulley? Are any special tools required? Is the bolt in the centre normally threaded or reverse?
Again any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim.

Update
The bracket, pump and tensioner assembly from the 1.6 Fiesta fits the 1.7 Puma fine and no leaks so all is good.
All the best,
Tim.

Latest posts

Back