Project Puma Newbie

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplepagan

Hi everyone, im new to the site, calm driving now turned bad lady thanks to buying a Ford Puma R 1.7 for a year now and i absolutely love it!!! :grin:
I cant help myself now... there is nothing better than seeing a big german car with a big ugly gremlin driving it and my little puma is faster than they think.... eeeeeoooooowwwwnnnn and off i go heheee :twisted:

I bought it standard 1 year ago because i had a new shape Corsa and it was rubbish... ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!!! ive never been one for modifying my car... then i got my Puma and all hell has broke loose!!!!! :twisted:

Since i bought it i have fitted Wolfrace 5 spoke alloys, Black Viper stripes, Blue indicator side markers (still flash yellow but im sure people think i am an undercover police car haha), Full Blue LED dash conversion, Blue Clock, New fascia with DVD player, Max Power induction kit and a Brand new Hand made Blue Flame racing exhaust system (made to fit this car specifically).

there are other things i would like to do to it but i need help and advice which i am hoping i can get here?

Firstly i would like some advice on lowering the car... basically does anyone know what the handling is like (when set up properly) because at the moment i can certainly chuck it around corners and roundabouts!!! dont want to ruin my fun BUT however i do want to lose the gaping canyon between the tyre and the wheel arch haha so advice on that would be great.

Secondly i would like a small spoinler on the boot... the car has not had 1 standard so are they easy to fit if i purchased one???

Thirdly I am after some sort of a vented bonnet but can i f*ck find one ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!
can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Lastly i need help on identifying the colour of my car... it is a silver/blue colour... not moondust silver and not Blue... im sure you Puma guru's will know what colour i am talking about.
unfortunately the stickers with all the codes on it have been removed or peeled off at some point in its life!!! :-(

Im looking forward to getting help from everyone.

Thanks

Hi and Welcome to Proj P.

Ford Puma R, the 'R' stands for right hand drive, just to let you know, :D

The colour of your car in MSB - Mild Steel Blue.

Glad to hear you rear enjoy your Puma and you have enjoyed changing those few things on it. I am also one for changing stuff on my Puma. So to your three enquiries:

Lowering the car, Pretty simple, it drops the centre of gravity making the car stick to the road more... so it you think it sticks now on standard springs.... You do sacrifice some ride quality as it will feel stiffer and bumpier.

Small Rear Wing on the back. Easy to find, quite a few on ebay but not something you just clip on. You'll need to take it to a bodyshop garage and get it sprayed MSB and then fitted. Fitting doesn't take long dependand on what rear wing it is.

And lastly the bonnet vents. There are a few people with bonnet vents. The larger ones are seen the least as you have to cut the bonnet webbing underneath losing structural integrity of the bonnet. I for one didnt car and put a large bonnet vent on lol. But if you just want some nice small vents i would suggest something like Fiesta RS Turbo ones, Focus RS Mk2 or RS Cosworth ones and again take them to the bodyshop gargae if you're not experienced on doing these things.

Hope that helps somehow.

Anything else just fire it at us..

Mac

Hey welcome along :eek:k:

Flying Scotsman said:

The colour of your car in MSB - Mild Steel Blue.

Its actually MEDIUM steel blue... if its post millennium...
PRE-Millenium is Cuirass

They're slightly different

:thumbs:

Hi, the car is a 2001 so im guessing the colour is 'Cuirass'??? ive just had a look for the colour online and it looks very similar!

i only need to know because my husband is touching up the typical rust spots around the wheel arches just to smarten it up... even he likes the Ford Puma... it was him who told me to get the 1.7!!!
It certainly says something when he owns and adores his E36 M3 which has modified interior, exterior and the engine AND he still rates the 1.7 puma as a fast car :grin: well i can vouch i havent owned a car this fast myself and i have no intentions of ever getting rid of it!!! only for a nother one if anything should happen to this! hehe :twisted:

as for the spoiler what would you recommend for me??? I fancy a nice little spoiler but my husband likes the big rally one because he's a bit mad like that haha

also lastly i am going to get it lowered now definitly!!!! however do you know how low i should go??? 40mm lower sounds a nice height... is this OK???

are there any other body mods or tuning mods i could do to my Puma just to annoy the boy racers and egotastic audi drivers haha

Thanks for getting back to me so soon

p.s i have uploaded some photo's of my Puma on my profile gallery :grin:

If its 2001 then its Medium Steel Blue.

There are so many upgrades and modifications you can do, really to list them would take an age.
If you have time, have a look through the Project Puma section at peoples individual projects and see what they have done and take some inspiration from them. But it really depends on personal preference and the sort of thing you are looking for.

40mm drop is generally the common drop so yes thats fine.

MS Designs spoiler - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Puma-Spoiler-/110912522004?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3APuma&hash=item19d2e6c714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very attractive on a puma -http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-PUMA-REAR-BOOT-SPOILER-TUNING-GT-/200400496568?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ea8cce7b8

They are the small ones. I have an F2 on my car but they are very rare to come by and i have a few spare EVO rear wings (the really big ones) and they too are good... but just depends on what you like....

But search ebay for puma spoilers.

Thanks for the advice, i have just bid on that spoiler on ebay that you have shown me (the one with the rear brake light on aswell)

hopefully i will win it :?

ive had a look round but all i can find that i like is that which you showed me... its perfect height for what im looking for and a little stylish :wink:

im a little confused about the bonnet :?

can i not just purchase a bonnet from anywhere which has vents or do i have to purchase vents then get the bonnet cut for them to fit in???

Flying Scotsman said:
If its 2001 then its Medium Steel Blue.

There are so many upgrades and modifications you can do, really to list them would take an age.
If you have time, have a look through the Project Puma section at peoples individual projects and see what they have done and take some inspiration from them. But it really depends on personal preference and the sort of thing you are looking for.

40mm drop is generally the common drop so yes thats fine.

MS Designs spoiler - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Puma-Spoiler-/110912522004?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3APuma&hash=item19d2e6c714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very attractive on a puma -http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-PUMA-REAR-BOOT-SPOILER-TUNING-GT-/200400496568?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ea8cce7b8

They are the small ones. I have an F2 on my car but they are very rare to come by and i have a few spare EVO rear wings (the really big ones) and they too are good... but just depends on what you like....

But search ebay for puma spoilers.

Hi flying scotsman... i never won that spoiler on ebay... how much would you let one of your EVO spoilers go for???

purplepagan said:
impreza scoop will look eeeeeeeeeeevil!!!! the more i look at scoops im thinking maybe Mitsubishi evo 4/5 haha

DSC_0064.jpg

Latest posts

Back