Project S**tbox

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Folks, it's time for another exciting edition of "Stuff in my Volvo!"

Postman Pat's been a busy boy again:

All the way from Germany this time. Bet he's knackered!
Good. Have you seen the price of stamps these days?!

Anyway, today in my Volvo is an ebay-tastic spring/damper kit complete with top mounts/bearings that are probably made of chocolate.
Tüv approval. Like that means anything any more. Is that like how pretty much everything is "Product of the year" now?

I'll stick it all on though and see what it's like.
If it's crap, I'll try to convince the missus that them being hung on the wall would make an intersting conversation starter at the dinner/swinging parties that we don't have. But then I suppose I'd have to tell her I've bought a Puma first. Maybe not.

All for now. Leave your keys in the bowl.

:grin: are you going to fit it in stages so you know which part doesn't work well.. if it comes to that.

red said:
[post]354820[/post] :grin: are you going to fit it in stages so you know which part doesn't work well.. if it comes to that.

Hmm... Good point.
Maybe.

They may also stay in the shed 'til the 12th of never.

Doingitsideways said:
[post]354531[/post] Postman came today.

7j jobbies. Nice.

Brand spanking new:

Still in their boxes:

May keep the boxes, as the chances of me ever buying another set of brand new OE wheels is slim to none.
On the other hand though, I may just burn them and dance around the fire semi naked like some sort of Manc Native American.
Time will tell.

Exhaust should be here by the end of the week too.

Stay tuned, folks

What ET are the wheels and where did you get them from?! :grin:

Doingitsideways said:
[post]354871[/post] Top secret ;)

Can't remember the offset tbh.
I found them on eBay, only set though

Fair play pal. I've been looking for a brand new ET35 one to go with my others as a spare, but like rocking horse do, do. Can find ET40 but not ET35!

Also Steve has said they are 7J wide, and unless I am very much mistaken they were only made in ET35.

TGPlayer1 said:
[post]354876[/post] Also Steve has said they are 7J wide, and unless I am very much mistaken they were only made in ET35.

If they are then I'm insanely jealous! :lol:

7j jobbies. Nice.

DSC_0028_zps5fyxiq4x.jpg

XAF said:
[post]354877[/post]
TGPlayer1 said:
[post]354876[/post] Also Steve has said they are 7J wide, and unless I am very much mistaken they were only made in ET35.

If they are then I'm insanely jealous! :lol:

Sorry about that!

Actually, no I'm not :p

I'd check what's written on them, but they're buried in the shed of maximum density now, under all sorts of Puma related crap, next to even more Volvo crap.

Taxed the S**tbox, went to collect it from my mate's drive and he's selfishly gone on holiday.
Key's in his house, wandering if retrieving my car key is just cause for breaking and entering.

Speaking of which I only got one key with the car, not even the good remote locking kind.
What's the Craic with maybe getting one or two for it?
I presume it would have had one from new, being a Thunder and the height of technical innovation at the time, it even has air conditioning that is marginally better than a mouse farting in your face.

Regarding the A/C. Almost all of the compressors start leaking at their housing (it uses split housing) and you have lost your R134a refrigerant. Actually, Ford's FS10 compressor is rather big and the cooling is excellent (much better then in a french car, for instance).
You can overhaul the compressor yourself, all you need is a set of seals and then, obviously regassing the system. Once done it will cool very good

Car would have come with three keys from new I think including a three button remote.

Ok Fellas, cheers.

I'll look into the compressor seals at some point.

Is that a three button key like the Focus, or separate fob like earlier stuff with the tabs that break off so they helpfully break so they fall off your keys and get lost? (Had many Transits over the years, fantastic when that happens at the end of a day's work!)
Would it be a dealer only jobbie??
If so, then that probably won't happen. It would probably cost more than I paid for the whole car!

Lock smith should be able to sort you out. It's three buttons with integral blade, no separate fob.

Ok, cool.

Presume you mean coding the transponder?
How about coding the fob part, as I don't have one for him to copy?

So, I managed to get the keys a couple of days ago and I've been trying by best to roll it down the back lanes near me in the evenings.

Don't think it's had a good beating for a long while as it's definitely loosening up a bit and getting quicker. Soon found the limits of the standard brakes though. :lol:

Chinese crappy tyres also give a surprising amount of grip when warm, I reckon I'll definitely be able to get it on two wheels with some decent rubber on. Which will be nice.

Also,
Told the missus about my latest acquisition. Lead balloon.
Decided to play dirty. My 18 month old girl likes it. It's staying.

Back