Puma 1.7 Modified Cylinder Head

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ally frp

Hello there. I have a modified 1.7 Cylinder head for sale which was bought from volcomstone411(Harry) on this site. It has standard valve sizes(same as the way Ford make high power in S1600) and reworked inlets. The head has never been used by myself but when it was used it produced around 175-180bhp in his own car. I bought to use in my FRP rebuild of 364(see projects) but car had a running fault at the time and was advised to rebuild to completely standard spec and have not used since as car remains standard. Bear in mind Harry had close to a Racing Puma spec in order to achieve this figure(manifold exhaust, Frp cams, inlet etc).

Because heads are aluminium a light skim is advised before fitment to your car to ensure a true fitting seal. This generally cost between £30-£50 at your local engine shop to have this done.

I am looking for Offers around £260 plus your delivery(this will be at cost price)which I would imagine would be in region of around £20.

Thank you.

Ally

dammit, iv just sent one off to pumaspeed for flowing!

yeh most likely, but there still a very good price....so must be getting a very good deal. Apparently the heads go off to the people who do jamsports heads....

either way, its a dam good price! still twice the cost of yours tho :-(

whats the spec?

Funny you say that i think it was Jamsport that done it. Not sure about compression ratio. Do you know if alot can be skimmed off these head to raise compression ratio? I see the pistons are all ready pocketed for the valves which shows how close it is in standard form. Someone put a post Pumapeople recently and that got me thinking. No one has answered yet though.

Cheers.

Ally

iv had 1mm off a head before (cvh) but heard that upping the cr on the puma head really messes with it, need to adjust the ecu to match etc

im going for mid spec flowing (ie not full race!), 3 angle valve seats and rebuild, about £600 i reckon. this should be fine as a road car, if i was running throttle bodies itd be worth going for the mega spec, £1000 head! couple with a rebuilt bottom end and a few of my own tweeks im hoping for 180bhp

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3883/22022012646.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

STANDARD HEAD INLET PORT, SHOWN FOR COMPARISON.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4148/22022012643.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MODIFIED INLET PORT ON THE HEAD I HAVE FOR SALE. (NOTE THE SIZE DIFFERENCE AND REMOVAL OF LIP FOR BETTER AIR FLOW)

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9814/22022012644.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ANOTHER PICTURE OF MY MODIFIED HEAD

Yes this is a 1700 head which will bolt straight onto your on 1.7 Puma zetec engine. Please bear in as I have already said as with all aluminium head they need a light skimmed every time they are taken off i.e head gasket repair etc. You have to swap your cams and buckets/shims over from original head but i can supply you with both cams for an extra £15 if you prefer but will still need buckets/shims

Cheers.

Ally

Latest posts

Back