Puma and MK5 Fiesta Suspension

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danger Boy

does anyone know if the mk5 fiesta and puma share the same floor plan and suspension?. We in south-africa have the mk5 fiesta RSi 1.6 rocam engine. there is speculation that this model has the same suspension as the puma. i think you guys have the zetec-s fiesta. help please... :)

Welcome fiestarsi ! Great to have another overseas member :eek:k:

As far as I'm aware, the Mk5 fiesta we have here is the same as the later generation puma as they both have the later 'eye' mount on the rear suspension training arm. The Mk4 fiesta and the original 1997 > aug '98 puma have a 'fork' mount. The front shocks etc remain the same.

The main difference come in that the puma has a different lower front wishbone to the fiesta, although the shocks / springs remain the same. And the rear hub is spaced out 10mm on the puma.

I'll research a bit more and report back anything I find :)

Looks like your mk5 is the same as our mk5 Zetec S fiesta, so the above should be correct :eek:k:

Yours:
Dangermouse-TheBeginning.jpg

Ours:
mk5%20zetec%20s%2001.jpg

thanks for your input. Our fiesta is basically the same, except the engine. The rocam engine is built in Port Elizabeth SA and exported to Brazil and India. Locally also used in the Ford KA 1.3i. 8)

So yours is only a 1.3, not a 1.6 as in our version? That would explain the 50kW-ish figures I've seen quoted for it.

:hide:

You really need to get the 1.6 (75kW) in it, or even our 1.7! (92kW)

;)

Always good to learn about other countries models :)

Indeed, I can't believe you only got the KA around 2 years ago! It's been in production over 10 years here now without any cosmetic upgrades!

Hang on.... this post says yuo have the 1.6?

http://www.fiestarsiowners.co.za/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ?f=9&t=392

I'm confused now... :derr:

Give us a run-down on what you actually get down there fiestarsi?

Please?

The Fiesta RSi (mine and the pic u posted) is a 1.6i that pushes 70kW on the fly. U also get the fiesta in a 4 door version with a 1.3i (55kW)motor without the nice bumpers. Sort of a cheaper version. We also have the Ford KA with only a 1.3i rocam engine. The engines we use here are locally manfactured, although the whole design comes from Europe. Another interesting product we have is the Bantam bakkie. It is a small LDV that hauls half a ton. This bakkie also uses the rocam 1.6 and 1.3 versions. This motor is a 8V version that uses a chain to drive the cam. The Fiesta ST and Focus ST is available in our country, but imported from the UK. Another interesting product is the Ford Territory ST imported from Australia. Check out the cool "bantam" at http://www.ford.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that is a complete South African design.....

Having a quick look at the site, I don't you'll have seen the SportKA & StreetKa. They use the 1.6 engine too. :eek:k:

That Bantam is quite cool! 8) Not too sure about the Ikon though.. looks a bit odd.

A shame you don't get the mondeo as it's rather good. Big cars no that popular in SA?

You get teh Duratec engines in new cars, but are they a recent addition to the ford range there? Your Rocam engines the norm on slightly older cars?

The mondeo is not very popular with us :( Size seems to be the problem. Ja, we are very far behand as we only got the KA 2 years ago. the rocam engine is only used in the new bantam bakkie. our mk5 fiesta is discontinued :evil: most new fords has the duratec and is imported. only local manufactured Ford's is the Bantam, Ranger and Focus. The "new" SA ikon is based on the mk6 fiesta.....

Cars is extremely expensive in SA if you compare price to income generally. 2nd hand cars is worse.

My Fiesta is standard 70kW. I changed the cam(stage1), branches, intake and exhaust. Also use the Dastek Unichip to get it to 85kW. Here in Johannesburg we are 1500m above sea level. Imagine the increase in power down at the couast :-D

Back