Puma Highs and Lows 2010

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thread for personal highs/lows here

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10346" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BenF said:
I know it will go against the grain for you Yip, but why not take it to a Ford main dealer and ask them to have a look? Not all are sharks and a decent workshop foreman will be able to diagnose a problem pretty quickly.

The downside is obviously the hourly rate, but sometimes it is worth it!

The last time I went to a dealership (against the grain...lol) they only reinforced why I stopped using them. Overpriced and sub-standard work!!.

If I could guarantee it would be fixed I couldn't care less about the cost but when they have as much or even less idea than me then it's not worth throwing it down the drain.

Highs:
Getting my first Puma, last friday
Putting the alloys on it (sorry, not a fan of the props)

Lows:
Not being able to drive it until tomorrow because of knocking engine
Having no radio front
Having a broken glovebox
Having a broken light
Thinking about the money going to have to be spent on it making it super awesome

Hopefully next years list will be mega top heavy and will have no lows... right.

I'm really excited about having the Puma and i hope to be maing alot of noise of the scene next year, i make alot of noise wherever i am to be fair.

I'm currently looking for lowering springs (-40 or -50mm) that are budget and also some rear axle spacers, if anyone is selling.

Cool, i'll see y'all around.

+ Doing my first meet
+ Getting the Puma back into shape (With help from Steavie :cool: )
+ Ford Fair
+ Making some good friends through owning Patch :D

- Despite my hard work getting her back into shape, some people will decide to damage her and not own upto it.
- Sometimes getting the feeling of why do I bother, when I could have another car, which would cost me less in maintenance
- Rust is slowly getting worse

+ getting the puma and utterly enjoying it
+ doing my first meet also :) and meeting nice ppl

- not being able to do a full detailing on the paint job yet, to get that extra shine
- rust in the arches is bothering me, but I KNOW I'm not going to fix that (it's just not worth it.. spending 1/2 of car value on that)

- sending my beloved GSXR bike back home... in order to sell it... I just can't legally keep it and drive it anymore in UK, registered in Romania.... saying farewell and having that last look :(

+ Buying the Puma because it looked 'Different' from other cars... I had never seen one before..!
+ Driving it and slowly realizing it's potential and how fun it is to drive..
+ Going out somewhere just to take the it out.. and going the long way..!
+ Being able to fix and do things to it without having to go to a garage/mechanic..

- Having to sort out the idle hang/sticking rev problem three times..
- Rusty arches..
- Not washing it just to get a photo of it on the forum..
- Spending a small fortune on bulbs so I can make the lights actually light something up..!
- Never really knowing how much fuel is in the tank... thanks to a rediculously inaccurate fuel guage/sender
E.g. I can park car with half tank, the next morning it's reading a quarter tank..

highs:best handling car ive owned since the xr2 back in 96,economical to run and maintain,reliable,comfy.the full sportex de-centered system sounds awesome. lows none really few mates saying its a tarts car or can i give them a perm saturday.only real downside is the rusty arches but there known for it. and also another high is the boot size quite deceptive.

+ discovering joy of A/C in 4 hour traffic jam in summer ( first car with it )
+ quick clear front screen ( first car with it )
+ managed to do some DIY on it ( HCV ) thanks to forums
+ getting boot light to work ( ok, ok finding where a bulb should go, but mechanic ex-owner hadn't )
+ 35 MPG ( was 30 in 1.6 honda civic )

- smell from A/C ( improved with some sprays )
- oil consumption ( seems to offset better MPG , improved now new rocker cover gasket )
- wedge shape makes my poor parking skills even poorer ( geting it straight )
- seeing peoples cleaning the engine bay 'before' shots cleaner than mine

Latest posts

Back