puma newbie!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa_39

Hey there , just dropping by to say hi! have owned a millennium puma for a month or so now! so just found this place as i was looking for an answer to find out where the horn was since mines stopped working! but already found the answer! :)
can see ill be popping in quite often! :grin:

Lisa

Alreet and welcome along!

I love the Millie pumas :D

plenty of help and advice here when needed :-D

Welcome along - good to see another "yellow peril" about.

:thumbs:

Ah! You're in Peterborough? We'll have to keep an eye out when we're up there in Cherie's Millie.

:D

Welcome to the site :eek:k:

Peterborough hey.. may see you around then since i'm in the Hamptons :D

Glad you found your answer!

Thanks for the welcomes :grin:
and yes in peterborough see lots of pumas about but only seen one other millennium driving about here, and only one frp which was the other day.

I like you just because you've spelt Millennium correctly twice :D

As far as i'm aware there's only 3 FRPs now around Peterborough usually unless a foreign one visits.

Mine which has silver wheels, my brothers which has white wheels and a guy called steven owns one with black looking wheels.

ill know to look at the wheels now then! haha
mines just standard and needs a bit of work, as alloys although not curbed are not so pretty so need refurbing, and paint needs some attention, but will get there in time.
Have already changed back box since there was a huge crack running along the old one and the noise was terrible, replaced heater valve as that was taken out completely! nice drive to essex with hot air blowing in your face is not good! :lol:
and done cambelt to be on safeside with service! so just cosmetic to tackle really paintwise, and a small hole in the drivers seat. oh and not to foget the non working horn but will be looking at that one tomorrow

Sounds like you've got things covered though really :)

Let us know if we can help!

Always good to see another Millie around these parts! If you tootle down the A1 a bit, there's a couple we've seen in Huntingdon, and including mine, there's 4 in St Neots, (although I haven't seen one of them for a while).

As the Millie's original paintwork hasn't got any lacquer on it, it does respond pretty well to t-cut, at least for an initial go-over. That's what we did when I got mine. I can't remember what polish I use on mine (I'll have a look when I get home) but the Collinite 476 (Dal correct me if I've got that wrong) wax is pretty awesome. :eek:k:

thank you, the other half has been doing the cleaning side, polish wax clay bar etc! and alot of yellow is coming off, the bonnet is the worst with stone chips that have been filled with what looks to be the wrong colour paint.
you say there is no laquer on the car? i know my mechanic thinks that some parts on the car have been replaced but on the bonnet its flaking clear stuff on one side?! could this be from a previous spray thats had laquer or is it something else?

The original Ford paint doesn't have any lacquer, but if it's been repaired or sprayed at a later date, the bodyshop will have most likely have used a lacquer as a matter of course. It does sound as though you have a patch of bad lacquer on your bonnet, if an abrasive like t-cut or a good polish doesn't get it off, you may have to bite the bullet and get it resprayed. Depends on how bad it is, and whether you can live with it. I've got a scuff on my front bumper I keep meaning to do something about... it's been there about a year and a half now!

For the rest of the paint, I wouldn't worry about the colour coming off, it'll only be the oxidised outer layer which will leave the good bright paint underneath it.

Back