PUMA SUPERCHARGER

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackKnight1982

Im thinking of getting a rotrex supercharger for my puma, replacing the a/c pump with the supercharger! From this positon it would be easy to run a front mounted intercooler. anyone got a suggestions or ideas for alternative mounting and possible solutions?

Im not expert, but as far as im aware putting a turbo on the 1.7 isnt a good idea due to the VCT. From what i understand its alot easier to do it to the 1.6, or have the VCT removed from the 1.7.

dunno about the vct but sounds awesome! for a perfect mounted intercooler id go for a thicker but shorter rad if you can get one & have the intercooler underneath it but taking up no more space than the original rad.....

would have though a low pressure charger wouldnt bother the vct but dunno....

Or for a cheaper way to get some bolt on power, get the FRP inlet, get your ECU tuned, sportcat and 421, and you would be up to 155hp ish. thats all within the safe limits of the engine. NA is safer imo, but more expensive in terms of HP gain. Have you looked at pumabuild's mods? they do all sorts of crazy port and polish type things, they can get you 200hp+ from a 1.7.

This is why im using a supercharger over a turbo! as the pressures are lower and i don't have to worry about the heat as much as a turbo! Plus NO LAG!!! Im loving the stacked rad and intercooler idea thats pretty wicked jacko! You can have forced induction on a vct! Lots of cars have superchargers and turbos with valve timing technology.

Ah ok, a supercharger works before the air enters the engine doesnt it? Maybe the VCT wont be an issure then.

I've got gsxr throttle bodies and new inlet manifold to feed these bad boys..ready and waiting! Just though a low pressure supercharger would be the icing on the cake! plus it would give it amazing acceleration! Its heavily modified already
CYLINDER HEADWORK which includes - PORTING & POLISHING
SPRINT CAMS
LARGER VALVES, NEW VALVE GUIDES & VALVE STEMS
FULL SET OF ALUMINIUM LIGHTWEIGHT PISTONS which have been pocketed to fit the larger valves
LIGHTENED & BALANCED CONRODS
LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL
COMPETITION HEAD GASKET SET AND HEAD BOLTS
COMPETITION BOTTOM END GASKET
PUMASPEED UPRATED CLUTCH
MILLTEK 4-2-1 MANIFOLD + SYSTEM - DECAT
PIPERCROSS INDUCTION SYSTEM
REMAPPED PCM
MINTEX EXTREME DISCS & PADS FITTED

Im looking if it as all possible to get a cooper S supercharger to fit! I think its a tad big tho!

how you plumbing the throttle bodies to the supecharger?

Ive got a plenum which will fit onto the throttle bodies then just plumb the supercharger outlet onto it! yummy

cool! ...... im waiting to move house so i will have a garage & then the frp is getting a v6! which will prob turn into a v6 with a supercharger eventually!!!!

Can't wait to see this!

Make a new 'Project' in the Projectpuma sub forum?

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewforum.php?f=64" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:eek:k:

Okay i will get on it! Its probably going to take a while as i need to get a bracket and additional fuel injector & management! but i will keep you all posted you ever heard of anyone ever doing it before???

There have been a few supercharged pumas in the past. One was a member of the forum but well after they'd had the work done.

Dal, she's called Hayley but she had sold the car by the time she had joined here. I don't think her set-up was too successful.

I think you know her over at ZSOC

Back