PUMA SUPERCHARGER

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hayley's wasn't 'supercharged', but 'superchipped'

:roll:

(PS: I'm not registered on ZSOC anymore ;) )

Supercharging was considered as a mod for the FRP 7 years ago but was soon dropped due to lack of space in the engine bay...

That's odd Dal because her very first post said it was super charged.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.ph" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... percharged

That's because Hayley didn't know the difference between a supercharger and superchipped.

I promise you, it was superchipped, not charged. There was no supercharger under the bonnet.

;)

Dal said:
That's because Hayley didn't know the difference between a supercharger and superchipped.

I have a "turbo-charger fan" that I have removed from my other half's hairdrier... you reckon I could make a few quid passing it off? :p

They try to on ebay, so no reason you can't have a go!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Supercharger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... dZViewItem

Im looking to remove the a/c system then fit the supercharger in the place of the a/c compressor this will make it easy to take oil lines from a sandwich plate (between the block and oil filter) to the oil cooler then to the supercharger, then run oil lines back to the plate. then just need to run induction pipes and install intercooler where the a/c condenser is in front of the radiator. Ive seen installs were they remove the power steering pump with an electronic one but it will foul on the exhaust and i would have too run lines and induction pipes all round the place!
Im thinking a similar setup to this one.
e03f_1.jpg

This is what i was thinking!!! I may fit the setup the supercharger on a standard inlet manifold to start with then see how it performs then try the motorbike throttle bodies at a later stage..break it in so to speak! The supercharger has turned up today...WOW its a nice looking bit of kit & its surprisingly light!
DSC00655.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

Unsure of when this will be completed. Looking to make a bracket like this but to hold the supercharger so it can easily be adjusted if needed too. http://www.sbdev.co.uk/Info_sheets/Alternators/Fitting SBD alternator adjuster.htm

Will you be lowering compression so you can run some decent boost ? Also what are you doing about the additional fuelling required (ECU, pump, fuel pressure regulator, etc) ?

I'm guessing you will have to take the puma off the road for a few months whilst you sort it all out!

No i won't be lowering the compression, You don't really needed to run that much boost with a supercharger as the compressed air is a lot colder than say a turbo charger so it combusts far better so i won't need to run it any higher than 8 psi and with super unleaded fuel and a intercooler charge temps will be right down and still have maximum performance. For the fuel system ive spoke to a few supercharger companies who have told me to run a piggy back style fuel system like the MF2 system which can control a fifth or sixth injector which is fitted into the pipe work before the throttle body. This is a cheaper solution, as your not buying loads of bigger injectors and expensive ecu and remapping the OEM fuel system as this could be unpractical if i need to remove the supercharger at a later date.

here is the MF2 system website.
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/mf2/mf2.html

Im not really after big shocking figures, i want a fast driveable car and reliable car, so if i have to drop the power by 25-30 bhp to make it driveable i will do it no questions. What most people forget is the puma weighs a shade over a ton, with my spare wheel and best part of the interior removed im sure its tipping just under a ton...so any increase will help the power to weight ration no end!

I think its great the work you are doing, really envious. Hope it works as i have allways prefered superchargers over turbos. How long do you think it is going to take to get it going?

I think with these NEW centrifugial superchargers i reckon we will see more and more car companys getting in on it! like the VW polo TSI

BlackKnight1982 said:
I think with these NEW centrifugial superchargers i reckon we will see more and more car companys getting in on it! like the VW polo TSI

Not driven any of the new VW TFSI stuff but heard very mixed stuff, some say the delivery is smooth-others that it's terribly UN-smooth :?

Back