Pumba's not starting :( starter motor?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good question, the best answer i can give, is get the same kind that was there from the factory :) lol

unless they are physicaly diferent, it should not matter, other then that the 1.1 might last longer than the 0.8

Thanks but I won't know whats on it until I remove the old one and i'd prefer to do it all in one hit.

Anyone else know?

I don't think Ian G's been online, he hasn't replied to my PM.

I've spoken to the technicians at work and they've said 1.1 would be the better option because its got more turning power, so with the few upgrades i've done then IF the 1.1 is standard I wouldnt really want to go down to a 0.8.

I've also researched online and both starter motors are the same in terms of size and diameter etc.. literally just the KW which is different

That would be true if youhade done any major chamges to the engien, like higher compresion and such, but Your engien is Stock, exept for the frp stuff right?

I seem to,recal mine was a 1.1, bit i'm not shure, besides, mine is also older than Yours....

After looking imto it, i belive the 0.8 is for the 1.25, 1.4, and 1.6 http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/ford-puma-starter-motor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the 1.1 is for the 1.7

But then i saw this, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-ZETEC-NEW-STARTER-MOTOR-12-MONTH-GUARANTEE-fiesta-focus-/141165248454?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3APuma" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and got all confused :)

I think Your safe whit the 1.1 :)

Same here... when i looked at a few i realised (like you said) that they are both the same, just different KW's... confusing... you think they would say what model it was for :roll:

I agree Cartman ... safer to go with the 1.1KW

had the same problem with mine, was lucky it happened outside a mechanic friends house, he had a look and it turned out to be one of the wires coming off the starter motor, he got me to hold the key in the crank position and moved the wire and it fired up no problems.

She lives!! :happee:

Swapped the starter motor and voila!! :D

Thanks so much to Ginger Tom for your help :eek:k:

might be worth resetting fuel cut off switch,located inside car,lefthand side footwell,there will be a round cut out in the carpet is under there,if the car has a fault the fuel cut off will click in.another could be a fuse 25 amp clear in colour,this is used for the battery,this is located under the bonnet.

yippeekiay said:
:thumbs:

Now you've gotten to the bottom of it you can change your location to...sitting in the Puma now it's fixed....wondering where to drive :eek:k:

Nah cause something else will probably go wrong with her soon!! :lol:

Back