Rally car build (Poppy)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found removing the sound deadening very therapeutic (as long as I got it hot enough otherwise its a bitch!)

I found it works well with a big hammer, then again, anything works well with a big hammer lol

Note to self, when draining air con gas make sure you don't inhale any!!! Dry throat yuk yuk :cry:

i have recently fitted a saftey devices bolt in (requires welding) cage to my road rally puma wasnt the easiest of jobs and ended up cracking the screen due to a bit of an error,l let me know if you need any pointers

Cheers Joe, full weld in cage being fitted to mine hence all glass being removed and full strip down being done, big job but for a stage car its better :wink:

Kev

It's a pretty nasty carcinogenic. I had our refrigeration technician at work empty my system for me.

And you don't want to get found out if you've emptied into the atmosphere. There's a fairly hefty fine.

I'm sure OP knows this already though!

My aircon was empty luckly. I have definitely learned alot building this one. Will go about the next one different. Weld in cage is definitely the way to go for the extra space you get if nothing else.

Graeme

We have the sd bolt in cage, had the fitting done by an ex msport employee who's work has been tested by a few big names. The welding is so perfect I didn't want to paint over it! Quite happy with it tbh.

Kev, are you fitting a Perspex window kit? I am in need of a passenger side rear window.

Yeah Phil it will be polycarb windows so if you need a glass one it'll be here for you bud :wink:

Back