Rear axle off center

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wip3

Last night i noticed that my rear axle isn't centered. The right wheel is much deeper in the wheel arch than the left wheel.
2012-04-22%2012.13.08.jpg
2012-04-22%2012.13.17.jpg

What could cause this? Could it be the bushes or something else?

Possibly the bushes,alternatively if the bush mounting brackets were taken off to do the bushes at some point they may not have been refitted properly.

The bush mounting brackets are suposed to be tightened up while the car is on the floor with its weight on the wheels.In this way its supposed to align itself properly. If they were tightened up in the air it can be wrong.

Possibly it has had a bang on one of the wheels and bent the axle?

Good luck with it :thumbs:

Another possibility could be one of the rear spacers is not fitted? as the other appears to be sitting about right. Have you checked that the spacers are present on both sides?

Yea I checked the spacers and they were there. A 4 wheel alignment was done 2 weeks ago and it seems that the axle is straight. The rear axle was adjusted there because someone had probably tightened the mounting brackets while the car was in the air. They did say that the bushes were worn out so maybe I'll replace them in near future and see if it sits in the middle after that :?

Back