Rear end shunt

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coachwhip

Wednesday I got a rear end shunt in the Puma. Waiting to hear from insurance company now.

My car
IMG_20150709_172613.jpg

The brand new Audi RS that hit it, yes that is his wing that was almost torn off.
IMG_20150708_185402.jpg

I think more like shiny second hand bumper. I think they'll write it off, so I intend buying it back and sticking a bumper on it. Just had rear arches done and new suspension so I don't intend letting it go easily.

coachwhip said:
I think more like shiny second hand bumper. I think they'll write it off, so I intend buying it back and sticking a bumper on it. Just had rear arches done and new suspension so I don't intend letting it go easily.
:eek:k: :thumbs:

bought mine back from the insurance company for £57.50.

£40 for a replacement (sadly not perfect) bumper
new exhaust (kindly given to me by the lovely Quest63 :wub: )

£50ish (might have been 45) for VIC check

I can tell you for a fact the will write it off.. Like the others have said, buy it back, stick a bumper on it, sorted :eek:k:

Well my insurance were useless. Finally wrote it off and wanted to keep car. Said I couldn't buy it back as they don't allow it normally. Also because it's been a cat c before then a second write off means it has to be scrapped. Utter bollocks.

Thankfully aviva the other insurance are much better. They've had a look and assessor valued it at 600 with 20 percent salvage cost so 480 for me to repair. Already got bumper on it. Very slight deformation on bumper mounting on outer skin, with outer skin curled over by exhaust.

So as I have a profit then I've ordered some rear bushes and also anti roll bar bushes. That should be all suspension now replaced. Also got a boot switch and start switch coming. More toys, :p Also found a focus console in scrapyard, might go back for it.

Latest posts

Back