Rear Wiper - rust trap warning

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lb81

Been discussing the rust issue with some of the guys on another thread. Got down to removing the rear wiper which has been offending my eyes since the Puma arrived.

Its a real little rust trap and could cause problems later on if not dealt with..

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

Found the internal rust more disturbing, especially the slightly rusty line you can see in the pic where moisture has flowed down when the boots been opened! This has been collecting on the inner lip of the boot and has caused another rust patch...

I have a few other pics of what I have been doing, I don't mind posting up a quick 'how to' when i'm done if there is any interest? I cant see one in the section unless I am missing it...

melinamotor said:
Good work Rich, advisable then I imagine for people not taking the wiper off to check the area just in case.

Yes mate. ScubaSteve & Voa both had the same issue, I would imagine most if not all Pumas will suffer from this so absolutely worth checking regardless...

Latest posts

Back