Rear Wiper Wont Park

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XAF

Morning all. So, randomly this week, the rear wiper started intermittently stopped auto parking, by now, it's just not parking at all. The wiper works fine, it just stops wherever it is when you move the stalk.

Any thoughts?

Dodgy regulator. If they are the same as the Focus there should be a separate one for the rear wiper. Hunt that badboy down and replace it. I wouldn't bother with Ford, they wanted £36 for the one I needed. Local scrappers, £1!

Hope this helps :)

I have a rear wiper motor for sale £10 posted I don't know if above mentioned regulator is in it though?

Cheers guys. Any idea where the regulator is?

XAF said:
Before messing about with that, have you tried cleaning up the brass contacts on the boot lid connector? I think the rear wiper park is the second one from the left as you look into the boot.

Frank said:
XAF said:
Before messing about with that, have you tried cleaning up the brass contacts on the boot lid connector? I think the rear wiper park is the second one from the left as you look into the boot.

I agree with what Frank said... mine wasn't parking properly so I cleaned up the boot contacts.. Been fine ever since :thumbs:

So, tried cleaning the contacts, but to no avail. It sweeps down, starts going back up then stops. You then have to turn it back on to time it and turn it off so it's in the park position when you move the stalk.

Sounds definitely like the regulator to me. Now, any idea where it is, and Ian G, have you got one?!!

Back