Right thats it, im buying a FRP!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milburn7191

So I have come to a cross roads with my standard 1.7 puma, I could:
A - Invest in it to get it up to my high standards (probably about £1500 worth all together)
B - Neglect the car and run it into the ground, which would be almost impossible because
I am far too much of a perfectionist to ruin a car like that.
C - save up and buy a FRP then break my standard puma to get the maximum return from it.

I am on the page of option C right now...don't get your hopes up for a fast operation it will probably be next year before I bite the bullet.

Please give your thoughts/tips/advice regarding my plans.

It probably wont be until next year when i do buy one but i will be uwing it daily when i do get one. What are these considerations tom?

Investment in mine would be rear arches cuting out and reworking.
Sils and general underside of car rubbing down and anti rust treatment.
I would go for leather interior from a millie.
Rims from a thunder painted black.
Drop the suspension (already got the parts).
New timing belt.
Reroute the intake to the front rather than the arch.

el dude said:
there are a couple of good ones knocking around currently.... 2 in particular that iv'e done LOADS of work on...

:cool:

#013? Looks fab these days.

milburn7191 said:
It probably wont be until next year when i do buy one but i will be uwing it daily when i do get one. What are these considerations tom?

Investment in mine would be rear arches cuting out and reworking.
Sils and general underside of car rubbing down and anti rust treatment.
I would go for leather interior from a millie.
Rims from a thunder painted black.
Drop the suspension (already got the parts).
New timing belt.
Reroute the intake to the front rather than the arch.

You'd most likely save more in the long run keeping your standard puma an doing the above to it.
I'm sure we'd all love an FRP but the prices of some of the rarer parts puts me off..

Just get an FRP and to hell with the costs! You only live once - I drive mine everyday and its great! Wish it had a longer 5th for motorway driving and the springs were a tad softer, but hey ho...

Mr 476 what a perfect advertisement to sell your frp lol

I hate it when people say purple my brothers always winding me up lol

Ps youncan have mine for 17k ;)

Back