RIP ROT, Hello JKK

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lusid666

As most of you are aware, my puma was written off by a silly cow who didn't put on her handbrake a couple of weeks ago. I managed to fight the insurance company and get £500 for ROT -£65 to buy her back.

Looking on the internet last night for a replacement puma and came across on for sale only 120 miles away, so armed with a couple of powerful torches my mate and I went to have a look at it and I bought her and drove her home.

IMG_2593_zpsliwsy3xb.jpg

IMG_2594_zpsbezr2yku.jpg

IMG_2595_zps0whndkfx.jpg

IMG_2596_zpshtvfcdvd.jpg

IMG_2597_zps5frppbeb.jpg

The seller wanted £550 for her but after having a test drive and pointing out that the clutch was slipping he reluctantly accepted £400.

So things to do:

Get new clutch fitted

Oil change (oil looks a nice black colour on the dipstick)

Sort out the electric mirrors (neither work and I am guessing a fuse)

Sort out ABS/TC light

Sort out the HCV (Blasting out hot air constantly)

Re-attach the interior mirror

Investigate a strange noise coming from the back end (sounds like its probably the spare wheel carrier rubbing occasionally)

Replace missing cover on the back bumper (I think a pair of silver ones should look ok for now)

There will probably be other things as I go along and I will update as I go

was quoted £192 to do the clutch earlier on. Hopefully get it done on thursday next week so I can take her out and give her a thrashing :)

Gotta love a melina :thumbs:

:cool: I've had a silver then a Melina.. Next you'll be getting an FRP :roll: :thumbs:

Congrats on the replacment!

I would love an frp but can't see it happening. Booked in for clutch on Thursday now so soon I'm going to have to work out how to put a line through text on here so I know what's been done

Latest posts

Back