roof recommendations

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLaw

The previous owner(s) of my Puma obviously used the car wash to clean the car - thus the roof in some places is scratched down to primer.

I have looked at posts on here re: having the roof resprayed but are the other options just as good i.e. foil wrapping or foliotecs rubber / silicone spray and with these options does the surface have to be absolutely smooth beforehand?

Any advice welcome.

If it was me, I'd get it painted. The wraps only look good if you have the whole car done.

My two penneth ;)

Rob.

You could have a go at wrapping. Maybe matt black, carbon, gloss. Whatever. Wrap isn't too expensive although I don't think a roof respray would actually cost a great deal.

Plastidip! U can combain in with some other detail of the car-boot, rims, bonnet or anything else if u want. Looks simple and for that, yes u will have to have a smooth surface

Going to go for a roof and bonnet respray - more than likely in Satin Black though.

go for respray... for wrap it needs to be baby-ass smooth otherwise it will be the same... you will see the scratches even with wrap on..

I agree, was quote for a bonnet wrap and was told and imperfections are amplified with wrap.
I sprayed mine with rattle cans and was rather pleased with the finish, wheels and wing mirrors to match :)

Back