Rubber window seal catches.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSP

I have an irritating issue with the rubber seal that goes over the top of the drivers window.

In a couple of places when the window closes it catches the rubber and causes it to roll/fold under.

I've tried spraying the seal with silicon lubricant which didn't work.

I've also tried heating the seal and putting an old credit card between the window and the seal, so that when it cools it forms a little further away from the window. This worked but only for a day or so.

As I say it only does it in a couple of places and the window closes fine and doesn't leak so it's really just a superficial issue but it bugs the hell out of me!

Can anyone suggest a solution? Do I need a new seal or have I got to mess about with the window alignment?

Thanks in advance.

I think it's one of those 'they all do that' things to some degree or other. I've had one Puma since it was three years old, and it's always been like it but never leaked or whistled. I've just a bought an FRP, one seal is like the first car, the other is perfect. Strange!

Yes, it's really frustrating.

Also, I've just noticed this week that of the 2 rubber strips that run along the roof, (from front to back), the one on the drivers side has started to 'lift', so I'll need to see if I can stick it back down, (some sort of superglue I guess).

They're only niggly bits so I'm lucky in that respect, but they do really annoy me!

Latest posts

Back