rust repair

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy

Iv had my puma for neary 3 years now, i finish paying it off in August this year :grin: cant wait for that!

but now Iv almost paid her off I have to start fixing things! Im planning on keeping her for the long run (as no other car has really jumped out at me for a while, except maybe the V6 eek)

anywho heres the problem

Passenger side arch
Photo0156.jpg

Photo0157.jpg

Door sills
Photo0159.jpg

and front passenger side arch.
Photo0160.jpg

Iv had a quote of £750 + VAT to have it all fixed including cutting out and replacing the rear arch, spraying, touching up the door sills, fixing the flakey paint and also respraying the passenger side wing mirror as its become faded. (all passenger side related for some reason!!)

I might even be cheeky and ask them to touch up some stone chips on the bumper and the scuff on the rear bumper. haha cant hurt to ask!

shes going in on the 27th July for the week. :-D

I have the same early bubbling at the corner of door meeting sill, and one one of rear arches has the same rust at the bottom as you have on your front arch.

For a bit of time and minimal effort will try and tackle that lot myself first... if it goes horribly wrong, then will let the pro's at it.

When it goes in, ask them for a small tin of the paint for any chips you get later on.

haha ^ have to agree with that. my old festa was rusted when i had it, my brother owns it now, he'll be carrying it to the scrapy in a bag soon!

I haven't had a Ford that hasn't had rust on it (my 03 reg Fiesta aside, that was too new).

I'm thinking about getting one of these for the FRP

[albumimg]2206[/albumimg]

I have been to get a quote today.
I have rut ALL alongside underneath and going up around the arches now. The guy is going to grind and sand it all out and then replace it with chip repair surfacing then spray.
£250 or the lot :)

I have recommended thi place int he past. I cant afford the next car me and Rhys want to get for at least another year or 2 so this needs doing to upkeep the car.

she goes in tomorrow morning for the work! should have it back for friday (fingers crossed!!)

it looks alot worse already, its really badly bubbling on the rear arch now and you can see the rust coming through the paint. i cannot wait for it to be done now!
all i can say is, if it starts to appear get it done asap, it'll only get worse in a very short space of time.

i'll put some pics up when i get her back and had it mopped and properly cleaned.

Back