Side lights?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackersno1

Dal iv just been looking at the images from your proffetional photoshoot at flowimages, where i noticed the colour of your side lights? Is it just the photo or do your lights have more of a blue tint to them and if yes what are they?
caus i want some :p

All revealed here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Led ones.. ;)

You beat me to it! I was just about to post that! :p

Need to swap mine over from left to right to check mine, the passenger side one is tempermental and goes off for no reason, on to come back on again later. :(

great just bought them off ebay for £4.30 bargin! 8)
Did u put a "how too" on fitting them on the forum or has anyone else and is it hard? by the way im crap when it comes to mechanics haha :-D

Lights are really easy to swap, you just have to take the whole headlight out. Sounds hard but it makes it alot less fiddly. Its in the manual how to do it.

Cherie said:
Need to swap mine over from left to right to check mine, the passenger side one is tempermental and goes off for no reason, on to come back on again later. :(

It's probably melting...

mine did 400 miles in 24 hours and haven't melted :?
adding to the 1000 mile week i think the design of these hold up well :eek:k:

newlights.jpg

look rather cool if i say so myself

BOK said:
Cherie said:

It's probably melting...

Nope. Just a soldering failure next to one of the resistors, and nothing that can't be fixed. Once the soldering has been repaired, they'll be back as I prefer having lights that can be seen...

One of the potential replacement bulbs from Halfords (blue/white bulbs) blew as soon as the lights were switched on. :roll: I'll try the others I picked up to see if it was a one-off, either way, they'll be going back.

blackersno1 said:
:eek:k:

blackersno1 said:

Until you turn the dipped headlights on...unless you have HID dipped bulbs.

I hope people don't drive around only with their 'cool' sidelights on, it could end in tears in dark conditions... :?

Cherie said:
Nope. Just a soldering failure next to one of the resistors, and nothing that can't be fixed. Once the soldering has been repaired, they'll be back as I prefer having lights that can be seen..

Just a dry joint - I'll take it to work and fix it tomorrow ;)

I also noticed the blue tint in the pics. I don't think it can be attributed to the LED sides. I have some and they are kind of blue, but not electric blue like in the photo. I think that's been digitally added.

It's not been digitally added, they generally don't do those kind of alterations for the photos. I think it's more to do with the method of taking the photos at different exposures and merging them to achieve the HDR image that enhances the blue tint. They are quite blue in reality.

However, we are still having problems with getting them both to stay on consistently. Even with new resistors, one is still being temperamental and turning itself off an on intermittently.

Latest posts

Back