sill protectors

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w207

Hello everyone, I'm looking at these sill proctectors on ebay "Item number: 280544683075" Has anyone had any experience with these or similar protectors? Or has anyone got some alternative suggestions? I am concerned about trapping moisture under the metal ones but maybe it's not a problem? Any help is appreciated, Thanks!! :p

Someone here used velcro to attatch theirs so they can clean and check underneath them.

I'm going to cover my door sills with carbon wrap which is cheap, should keep the moisture out and is easily replaceable if / when it gets scratched.

It will also give me the option to cover more area than sill protectors do.

Funny you should mention that cos I was also watching some carbon wrap for the sills and it looks really good quality stuff but is self adhesive so I was wondering if I ever had to remove it it would possibly pull some paint off with it but as "Boggie" says it should keep the moisture out especially if its stuck down which would seal itself so why would I have to take it off? Hummm!? Makes more sense to use the wrap..........Can you suggest a certain quality I should be looking for? The stuff I was looking at is advertised as sill protection and is 3mm thick so sounds like pretty decent stuff.

Who is this Boggie lol? has my car been posting behind my back ? :lol:

I havent looked into particular carbon wrap but 3mm thick doesnt sound right, it sounds a lot thicker than I would expect.
I wouldnt mind seeing the link for that.Perhaps your mistaking the makers name 3M as the thickness,one poster here mistook the 3M manufacturer as him getting 3 metres of carbon wrap,or it might be sill covers covered in carbon wrap?

I suppose it possibly could peel paint off if you removed it, but you could also consider going over the first layer again rather than peel it off.And if it did peel paint you would possibly just cover it again.

I also think the carbon wrap could be cut nicely with curves to go up the rear curve of the door frame.my cars had some paint on the sides but not the sills painted so carbon wrap would cover the join so to speak

My mistake, the sill protectors are rubber with a ribbed finish, thought it was carbon finish, here is the ebay Item number: 200699338292

Hmm not bad interesting to see they can do it to what length you choose and with curved ends as well.Personally I still favour the carbon wrap as it can go right up under the door seal and can also cover the lower ledge of the sill as well.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back