Sparx's Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good , thanks for that ,so many crappy garages in kent ,might come my garage of choice soon ........

MattJAbela said:
What work have you had done there sparx?? Any suspension mods so i can get a rough price??

No suspension mods through them i'm afraid, i had my car lowered before i found them.. you should give them a call - 01634291211 and get a quote

Its a shame i'm working tomorrow, i usually have tuesdays off, i would have popped down otherwise. Make sure you post up some pics once its done! :eek:k:

I gotta leave her there anyway sparx :( I got work at 8, and pick her up at about half 4/5 and will get some pictures..will have to have a meet soon, get a proper look at your car.

Hi,

I'm a new member, had my puma around 7 weeks now.

Loving the look of the car, but I just want to know if the front splitter makes any difference to the handling? I need some better tyres on but I'm a little concerned with the understeer in the wet, but I was used to a Focus with 205 section tyres with widened track and lowered springs so I might just have to get used to it.

Thanks

Hi Kev welcome to the forum :eek:k:

The splitter does make a SLIGHT difference as it produces extra downforce to the front of the car, i find myself only usually suffering from understeer in damp/wet contitions - however this also could be down to having the wrong type of tyres, my yoko parada spec 2's are awesome in the dry but shocking in the wet :lol:
You'd probably notice more of a difference at much higher speeds, so if you were planning to take your car on track; going at speeds round corners not suitable for the roads.

After looking at a few other cars on here I'm going to do a few mods anyway which will hopefully improve it.

Taking my eibach springs off my focus and fitting them to my Puma and got 17" team dynamics monza alloys to put on too, but got 45 ratio tyres so need to get 35's to keep the overall diameter the same.

Thanks for replying :)

You're welcome.

Yea i wouldn't recommend 45's on 17's they will rub really bad and thats not even on full lock. I already made that mistake and had to swap them to the rear :lol:

So you think 45s would be OK on the back? at least I won't need to buy 4 new tyres. Turn's out you can't buy 35s with 205/17 anyway so need to buy 40s

Yea i have 215/45/17 on the back and 215/40/17 on the front. Its not ideal but it works, and it'll only be until I need to replace them. Mine are slightly wider than yours but still I wouldnt recommend putting the 45s on the front just incase.

Sparx said:
So its been sprayed... but it needs re-doing :roll:

Luke didnt give it enough laquer so when he was flattening/mopping the top it went straight through the paintwork! Doh! :clap:

Ah well its his time and money he's wasting not mine :lol:

6069260825_e6ef3b7f4b_b.jpg

Still waiting ... :( I wish my other half would pull his finger out of his @rse!!! We had a "discussion" about this last night and he assured me he would have it done by next weekend. I even gave him the cash for some more paint about 3 weeks ago!
We shall see...

Some of this is going to be a long way off yet depending on funds but I thought i'd make myself a "to-do" list...

Re-paint & fit spoiler
Problem 1 - Driveshaft knocking
Problem 2 - Aux belt squeaking
Ancilliary/Coolant/Induction hoses
Passenger Harness
Rear upper strut brace
Engine Bay Makeover
HT Leads
4-2-1 Manifold & Decat
Port & polish head
Uprated Cams
Uprated Brakes
Braided Brake lines
Coilovers
15" alloys - preferably see if i can get 7j 15s
Branded Bucket seats
Wind deflectors
Complete rust treatment & Full Re-spray (possible colour change?)
Replace Decals

I'll probably add to the list as I think of more bits but for now thats "all" I can think of :lol:

Sparx said:
Sparx said:
Still waiting ... :( I wish my other half would pull his finger out of his @rse!!! We had a "discussion" about this last night and he assured me he would have it done by next weekend. I even gave him the cash for some more paint about 3 weeks ago!
We shall see...

Kick his back side and show him who's boss!! :p

I'm sharing problem 1 and 2! let me know how you get on I think its my cv joint gone. clank, clank, bang, bang....... stuff chitty chitty bang bang when you have a puma! lol :lol:

Like the respray on the list, but that's a bit of a far off dream for me a t the moment.

Scottwootton said:
Probably the nicest looking puma ive seen, very nice sparx

Ahhh thank you :grin:

topmansparkie said:
Kick his back side and show him who's boss!! :p

If i do that he'll only kick me back :lol: I asked him about it last night and again he said by the weekend so fingers crossed!

slayllian said:
I'm sharing problem 1 and 2! let me know how you get on I think its my cv joint gone. clank, clank, bang, bang....... stuff chitty chitty bang bang when you have a puma! lol :lol:

Like the respray on the list, but that's a bit of a far off dream for me a t the moment.

I think the CV joints only knock when you go round corners, mine happens in a straight line and just under 3k rpm.. gonna take it to Silverback one i've been paid so they can resolve it for me :)

Fitted my new induction hose today, thats one thing off the list :lol:

290113_10150337006167820_1520330975_o.jpg

Re-paint & fit spoiler
Problem 1 - Driveshaft knocking
Problem 2 - Aux belt squeaking
Ancilliary/Coolant/Induction hose
Passenger Harness
Rear upper strut brace
Engine Bay Makeover
HT Leads
4-2-1 Manifold & Decat
Port & polish head
Uprated Cams
Uprated Brakes
Braided Brake lines
Coilovers
15" alloys - preferably see if i can get 7j 15s
Branded Bucket seats
Wind deflectors
Complete rust treatment & Full Re-spray (possible colour change?)
Replace Decals

Do you have a cold air feed to the cone filter?? if not, fit one before the summer and perhaps a bit of heat shield round it so you dont loose all your new power due to heat soak!! I need to box mine in, and you can really notice the air charge temps rocket 20 degrees or so due to heat soak once youve been driving a while.

Back