Steavies little ripper!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STEAVIE said:
Not massively fussed about colour just wanna fit 18s and wind the coilovers down! :thumbs:

Can I ask why you want to fit 18's? Apart from looking like a monster truck there's other issue's...

18's on a puma isn't easy to do, for a start the ride and handling will be terrible, there's also the issue of scrubbing in full lock, you'll need to roll the arches and if you look on the chassis leg above the wheel there's a nasty piece of metal where to two panels meet, it was ground off in the FRP's, with 17's on its incredibly tight to that and i it even sliced into one of my tyres when I ran 17's on it. You'll need to grind it back and weld across it

It's not as simple as fitting some wheels and winding coilovers down

i wanted to fit them for looks more than anything just have them for show wheels as i know all they will do is slow the car down! the inner lips are long gone on my car so thats not an issue, if it can be done great if not i will just find another set of 17s! :eek:k:

you`ve just been licked! :p
515TYOffABL_SX500__zpsf31d7041.jpg

PumaJay said:
if you look on the chassis leg above the wheel there's a nasty piece of metal where to two panels meet, it was ground off in the FRP's, with 17's on its incredibly tight to that and i it even sliced into one of my tyres when I ran 17's on it. You'll need to grind it back and weld across it

STEAVIE said:
the inner lips are long gone on my car so thats not an issue

Are you boys talking about this horrible thing....?

IMG_1601_zpsd7126ff7-1_zpsd6823ca9.jpg

I was hoping it could be removed... i need to get mine gone as I was worried thats what I could hear rubbing against my tyres on the track day

grayfox said:
FRP yea, not a puma though without modification, heard Wolfrace Voodoos in 17's look very similar bar the extra spoke

FRPwithRSFocuswheels.jpg

lrg-168-wolfrace_voodoo.jpg

Looks like this when I had voodoo 1s on my puma:

Oncarandwashed.jpg

(Sometimes appears in the random top banner images too)

pumacleanside.jpg

its only gona back for mapping and stand alone but had a few other bits done while was there as he never pushed one this far on single throttle body and none turbo but the aim was 200 but more like 180/190 now the throttle body is the only thing holding it back but im not putting it on throttle bodies well i dont plan too any way!

well im gonna write last year off as far as my car is concerned! it cover twice as many miles on the back of a truck than it managed under its own steam! but cross my fingers touch wood and hope! i have done over 150 miles since the engine has gone back in and all is well! i had a problem at first where it would idle fine but cut under load so quick trip upto burtons and a sytec fuel pump good for 400BHP so that done the trick! need to cover at east 500 miles before i think about putting it back on the dyno have just been going easy on the brand new block running it in also have some light weight valves as well in the head which took a hell of a lot of machining to get right but its all seems good now!! other than that the cars filthy some one scratched the side on it and i have a really random water leak in the boot which is nice but i am now starting to want to drive it again 2 months ago i was about to break it i was that fed up!!

Back