Steavies little ripper!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow so no real update since april last year! yet i havent stopped spending money on it!

the last year has been taking up by removing and refitting and spending more money on the engine and then much more or the same and the grand result was a massive 160BHP! yer earth shattering! dont get me wrong it drive nice its quick enough to get me in trouble and revs wells plenty of pops and bangs over run and flames but not gonna set the world on fire! got a small list of stuff to do next week ready for ford fair then will go back for bigger cams and im promised at least 175BHP which i will be happy with, seems a bit light on pics this tread so will add a few this week.

list for this week
new gearbox (speedo stopped working when i hit 120 on private airfield!)
more adjustments on rear lower strut brace
fit lower front strut brace
fit carbon dipped focus rs brembos and 324mm discs with braided hoses
fit carbon dipped mirror covers, clock, strut tops
new battery box
clean!
might get rear windows re tinted if have time
new air con rad and regas

also goin to look at some winter wheels tomorrow night
pics to come over next few days!

well its time for the yearly update! lol!

after spending a small fortune on the car and then deciding to put it up for sale, its now down with chris having a few bits sorted next level cams LMS 3.5 and another run on the rollers to final tune as had a couple of hot running issues should be back next week or so, also fitted a fully rebuilt FRP box fitted with a quaife diff try and get some dam power on the road wheel spinning up the road in 3rd gear is great but wont win no races like that! drives a hell of a lot better now been planning to do it for a while and it was worth the money! also now running some 6 pot wilwood calipers from a st170 rally car yer they stop! loads of little jobs to do over the winter gearbox mount lower strut brace new amp and will change colour again in time for shown season! couple pics from fitting box in!

next year i hope to sort out body work and strip and re paint the under side of the car it wont be going anywhere for a good while yet! lots to do and just brought a house which helps when trying to build a road legal race car! lol!

im not proud of it but i have made people run for cover coming down the street on over run! pop :p bang flame big smile! lol!

Car looks great, loving the colour! Lowered with those wheels looks amazing as well. If you don't mind telling, whats that spoiler you got on there? Looks better than most I have seen, maybe not so functional but better than those that doesnt complement the Puma design and just ruin it :)

i cant remember the make of the spoiler its just cosmetic with a high level brake light in it, was on the car when i brought it! will try find out the make!

some old pics of when it used to be silver!

Got a feeling the box will be your new favourite mod of all time. Looked a beaut going in. As for the spoiler it's very similar to carcept/carzone fibreglass model however these seem to have two supports instead of one central one.

also i sprayed the inside of the roof black looks evil at night!
096.jpg
[/quote]

Hiya,

What did you spray the inside of the roof with and does it come off?

regards,

Hiya,

who tinted the windows for you - as I have not seen many Pumas with tinted windows?

My other car is a qx70 ultimate and the rear windows and back window are so black they ought to be illegal - can this be done aftermarket with a slightly darker tint on the front windows?

The back 3 windows are limo tint and fronts 35%
Used to be limo on the front as well! My windows were done by a local company called safety tint, not the cheapest but there work is really good!

Roof was sprayed with black spray paint dosent come off, seems to be lasting well still nice and black!

Hi Stevie,

I found this online: https://www.fabricspray.co.uk/product-category/upholstery-spray-paint/

Which I am going to give a go on my other Puma (the girlfriend does not want her headlining sprayed on her Puma)

Just read this from start to finish. Great progress. Did you ever get to the 175 mark?

Latest posts

Back