Strange things to carry in the Puma..

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scofield.1

I am not claiming to owning a project.... just want my Thunder to be the best she can, so today I lowered the back end!! 8 times!!! ............... really I was only moving 2' x 2' paving slabs! from one garden to mine from the otherside of town, having won them on freecycle. The car did look different! so if anyone out there is considering lowering the back end but cant decide, whack some paving slabs in the back to see if you like the look or not lol. Obviously i realsie that some do this for other things than looks!

For those worrying about me destroying the suspension, she seams to have survived :)

So anyone been brave and used there Puma for more than 8 shopping bags in the boot?
Gary

I used mine to move my sons stuff when he went to uni.
London to Exeter in less than 3 hours, must be downhill though because I used more petrol on the way home.

hi there
iv put engines most car parts do fit inside one apart from panels
13 alloys fit in the back without tyres on

I've had the top half of my old engine in the boot before now:

giggles__02_081207.jpg

Not so very big, but I carried a €500.000 prototype hydrogen fuel cell in it to it's manufacturer in Germany once. On the way back a big plexiglass windshield of about 2 meters long was added to it..

triga.jpg

A Ghostbusters proton pack, a complete Judge Dredd outfit, enough luggage to cover three people for four days and a bag of mint imperials. Took my new Puma over to Wales for the SFX weekender last weekend and it was a lovely drive, if slightly weighed down by all the stuff. There were at least two other Puma owners there, wonder if any of them would own up to it?

Do girlfriends count?

Erm, well I play the bass trombone and carry it in the boot a lot of the time - it only just fits, have to put it in at an angle but it stil leaves room toward the front and back of boot for shopping etc

I also currently have a big poster print of a routemaster bus we use at work resting in the rear seats footwell

XIIVVX said:
The Jagdeo has certain advantages over the Puma for continental travel

Loweringkit.jpg

:wink:

Lol, I figure you quite like a drink :lol: We had more or less the same once. Every year I go to this festival in Germany, Nature One. This year we went in my Puma and one Fiesta Mk.7. In total 8 persons plus camping gear, party tent, lot of beer (on our lap for 500 km..) and associated kit. Every single space was taken, even the dashboard was full of stuff!!

I must confess that since the advent of the Skoda Ute this is the only vehicle now employed on the booze dashes.

The figures are quite interesting

It's a round trip mileage of about 300. In the diesel Ute that £40 of fuel (And it used to be cheaper over there, though no longer)

Ferry/Tunnel deals can be had for as little as £44.

Add in some lunch, and it will cost the two of you £50 each for the whole day. With the Ute's extra capacity I always invite a friend to share the trip.

I drink Adnams Broadside. Supermarket price in the region of £1.80. Over there, roughly a quid a bottle. Buy six boxes and you are winning already.

Red wine next. I drink it, Mrs XIIVVX doesn't. I tend to buy a particular boxed red from franglais. Each 10 litre box equating to 13 normal bottles. My latest receipt has gone walkabout, but from memory it's around £20, so £1.50 a bottle for the sort of quality you'd pay a minimum of £4.99 over here.

On both the last occasions - June and December 2011 - the value of booze at French prices in the back of the Ute has exceeded the cost of the vehicle when I bought it off e-bay in 2009

Weirdest things in the boot?

Well I did have a full disassembled Storm Trooper out fit in the back once.

Normally it has 2 sets of spare mats, 1 set of show mats, 4 water bottles (not sure why I don't use them) bag of rubbish from when I cleaned the car out (and into the boot)

It doesn't have any of the stuff you'd need - like the jack, the towing eye etc.

Slightly off thread, but I once took a mini pickup to the scrap yard in the back of my Chevette hatchback. Weighed in at 1500kg, weighed out at 750kg! Also drove down from Catterick to Weatherby with 8 mates, picked up another, then went out for a beer in the same Chevette! Won't be that daft again, one of them was thowing up all the way home, out of the passenger window!

I haven't owned my Puma long enough yet to have hauled anything strange in her, but I once brought home a six foot fridge/freezer in the back of my Fiesta MkII. :)

Fridge by Tawny, on Flickr

i can remember my mk11 fiesta had all the running gear inside it out off a mk3 cav 16v turbo it was sat on the deck lol but i had to deliver it all was not doing 2 trips lol
had a mini i knocked the back window out to get a load off 4x2 home from the builders yard got some funny looks
and yes be4 u say it i am a nutter got a letter off the docs saying it lol

All my detailing kit, had to have george in the passenger footwell space was so taken!
Numerous tip runs, including a recycling box full of gravel and glass
My worldly goods when moving in with my girlfriend
8 vacuum cleaners after a particularly good car boot day
A cat
A back seat and boot full of Nando's (work related)

All that with my 12" sub in the boot/back seat/front passenger seat (long cable!)

Back