Strange weighbridge result

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott134

I went to my local public weighbridge this afternoon to see what effect all of the recent weight reduction work has had. Unfortunately, the office there was shut but I got chatting to the guy who runs the garage next door. He said he often shows people onto the weighbridge at weekends when the office is shut because you can just drive onto the weighbridge and then look through the window of the office and you can see the digital readout. Top tip! Anyway, I did exactly that but the readout makes no sense, so I thought I'd ask on here if anyone has had a similar experience or knows what might be wrong.

The readout said 560kg, which can't be right!! I parked the car in three different positions on the weighbridge and it said the same each time. I took the car off the weighbridge and it said 0. Now my car had very little petrol in it but even so, that can't be right. I was expecting something around 900kg after the recent weight reduction we've done. I know Steve's car only weighed around 840kg and he has done more weight reduction than I have!

I will go back in the week when the office is open to try again but I just thought I'd throw it out on here for any ideas? I spoke to the garage guy about it and asked if the weighbridge could be calibrated for something else and he said he didn't think so, usually people just drive on and look through the window at the result! He said it was calibrated regularly with steel bars etc.

Weird!

A quick Google tells me that a 55 litre tank of petrol weighs around 41.25kg (0.75kg per litre) ...not even close to explaining the odd result! Lol

No, standard fuel tank, just empty! Lol.
I wondered if it was just front axel weight but not sure how it would do that with the weigh bridge they had there.
Ill update this in the week with than answer when I've spoken to them. Definitely not right!

Just a quick update. I've now been back to the weighbridge when it was open and it was the fact that the weighbridge needed resetting first. Got another odd result first time around today until they reset it.

Anyway, the actual result was 940kg, which is about what I expected. Looking to lose another 40kg and I have a few things planned that should get me there over the next few months. :wink:

Back