subs in!!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benking

Sub is in. Thank god for bass. Ive missed it. Together with the dvd player sounds great.

Photo027.jpg

It was so easy to fit and went in in about half hour which i was quite proud of.

Photo030.jpg

Photo031.jpg

All i need to do is seal round the grommit and job done. Do that tommorrow.

The last thing i need to do to complate my install is the door speekers. any i deas what the standard ones are power wise and what size i will need to replace them ( 10, 13 or 16 cm). are the ones in the back the same size as the fronts???? Do i need adaptors for Front and back so they fit??

Thank you. I didnt want to change nothing on this car but just had to, it was free aswell so had to even more. But i wanted an install that was tidy think i have achieved that and on a budget and room for my tools not bad i think

Std front are 5"mm and rear are 5 x 7"

Have you secured the sub down somehow? I've heard of terrible things happening with those if theres a big accident involving 'projectile subs onto peoples heads'

Ive secured the carpet the body with hevy duty vercro and done the same with the sub to the carpet so far. Ive got a few small brakets that i might screw into the box to the body.

The next step is an amp i think going to steel your idea and put it under the passenger seat to power the door speekers. then while the car is in bits lots and lots and lots of dynomat.I want people to get in the car and think its a standard car with a dvd player.

Will i need adaptors to fit the speakers to the door cards.?

The standard 5" speakers fit with 3 screws at 120 degrees apart in the front doors. Normally just means drilling a couple of new holes for self tappers.

When you get in mine there's no way of knowing about the sub, uprated speakers of the hoofing great 5 channel amp under the passenger seat either.

Subtle :eek:k:

might be my job for nxt weekend, im finding 5x7 hard to come by. Not been looking long so im sure there are some out there, are they a standard fit or not??

Iam quite amazed at how good the ford speekers are with an aftermarket head unit (i know that this should obviously improve things). If i werent obsesed by doing this i would be quite happy to leave them

The Ford ones are suprisingly good. Cherie's Millie has standard ones and it's not half bad with her after market head unit.

Reference - Superb website:

http://www.bcae1.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Retail:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <<I've used them - helpful and fast delivery.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/home.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Google some - there's loads.

Bit of a bugger from what I've heard (not actually done it myself)

Best to take the rear seat out apparently.

:shock:

Might leave it for a while, give me time to save up for some gear. i think i can live with it for a while though :) massive improvement. Did it take you long to do your install, because i can imagine with the passenger seat it being a bit of a ball ache

Far easier to take it out. Just make sure you heed my safety advice in my original post.

Took me from about 11am to about 5pm when I did it if I recall correctly.

Lol. what are the chances of that :pinkeye:

On a side note i've also used caraudiodirect.co.uk for stuff for the last 6 years and think they offer a good service hence why I always go back.

One of my recent experiences (last 2 months) included buying a HU from them. When I got it I realised it was not compatible with the steering controls (I had ordered adapter cables from them too) with little hassle they let me send it back and I paid the difference to upgrade to the next model which did support it :)

Back