Supercars at Wilton House, Wiltshire, Aug 14 10 PHOTO LINKS

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike.

The fabulous Supercars at Wilton House event is returning in 2010, so keep Saturday August 14th free because this year's event looks like being bigger and even better than the last one.

PHer and event organiser jaykaybi managed to corral a fantastic collection of metal (and carbonfibre) for the inaugural event last year, but he's clearly not satisfied with the turnout and has tipped us off to look out for some "even rarer and more off-the-wall' machinery.

"It's no good being satisfied with a McLaren F1 GTR, Bugatti Veyron, one-of-a-kind Zonda, Enzo, F50, F40, 288GTO, Murcielago SV, Diablo GT, Mosler, Carrera GT, McMerc SLR 722, and I've got every intention of raising the bar," he says. "Cars expected? Well, let's just say that I'm already expecting to top 2009's event and Lord Pembroke's Veyron will naturally be back, but what would PHers like to see?"

The event has moved to a Saturday as the locals are more sympathetic, says Jay, but we still intend to run an (FOC) PistonHeads 'Saturday' Service on the day. Look our for our homepage post nearer the time if you want to come along to that.

It will cost £10 a head to see the supercars, but there will be more to see and do - including a 'Loudest Supercar' contest just after lunch. Can't wait!

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=21637

MEET INFORMATION

Time. 8.30am for prompt 8.45am departure

We will be going past a Tesco, so can stop for a VERY QUICK provisions/drinks stop, providing we leave the services promtly.

Location - Rownahams services, Southampton M27 south West bound

Cost - £10 entrance fee

route map

We will be using rural roads to get to wilton, in time for the arrival of the super cars.

Supercars Day Timetable

Full itinerary...

Date - Saturday 14th August 2010
Time - 10am until 4pm

10am - gates to the PH SS open
11am - access to "Supercars at Wilton House" so people can get in position for when the cars arrive
12noon - supercars arrive at the main gate and parade the courtyard like last year, then line up on the lawns
2pm - supercar orchestra (rev-off)
4pm - supercars leave

Location - Wilton House, Wilton, Wiltshire (SP2 8PX)
There will be plenty of local signage directing you to the event from all the major routes in the area
Parking is accessed by the Netherhampton gate on the A3094 (View on Google Maps)

PHers need to follow the signs to the PH Saturday Service preferential parking area

Attendees

Spike - Paid
zara - Paid
Vix - Paid (****)
Pumapilot - Paid (****)
Supersonic - Meet inside

TyeBoi ??
Scotty
Mort666
Dan87 ??

IMPORTANT....

I will get tickets in adavance for all who say they are going on 31st July.

Its a £1 per order, so cheaper for us order in bulk.

Could people who are coming paypal me the £10, using the personal, then other options, to save any fees!

I'll pm interested persons with the paypal email.

Mmmmmm Carbonfibre, Kevlar and big power.

Im very much up for this as i should be able to save for it

Not really a lot of organising to do Ross - arrange a time and place to meet. That's about it!

http://www.wiltonhouse.com/supercars.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

including a rather cool video

I'm thinking we could do a bit of drive from the meet to to Wilton, as it appears that the super cars meet in Hyde park, then drive down.

spike. said:
I'm thinking we could do a bit of drive from the meet to to Wilton, as it appears that the super cars meet in Hyde park, then drive down.

As long as they stay at 30 we can keep up hahaha :p

20 mins or 2.5 hours depending on where I am. Really should make an effort though as it's my local show and i've never been!

Back