Swapping a Drivers door over

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beko1987

Dave Waters and I have an issue. He came round tonight to grab my drivers door off me, and after an hour of swearing and hammering we got the pins out. But the door won't fit into his car.

So we arranged a date for him to come over and swap them at mine, but will we run into any problems doing it?

Mine is a 2000 y plate, his is a W, so probably identical chassis as far as door fixings go, but how easy is the striker to adjust if we'd need to? Also, will his leccy gear swap out with the povvo manual lever for the wing mirror?

Cheers

Sam

(Lovely puma by the way Dave :thumbs: )

Probably too late now, but you can take the frame off... the part that runs round the top of the window.

I cant say about anything alse as when I swapped my drivers door over, I managed to get one for the same year, colour etc. so it was a straight swap.
Alignment was spot on afterwards, so there was no need to adjust anything.

Cheers Topman.

The door we are swapping out has big dents in it, so will be the whole door needed. It's the same colour, just a year out.

I can't see it being too difficult, just wanted advice before we are sitting on the drive with 2 doors going 'Ah sh*t'

Latest posts

Back